PDA

View Full Version : Bathymetry Update

btaft
08-08-05, 10:27 AM
I have been able to mod the large map data to include a pair of depth lines for bathymetry. This is done using the data that the game uses. I have done a small section and need to make sure the game doesn't use the shade of the ocean as a data point. The two lines are at 50 (light brown) and 250m (light blue). I have been able to update the map down to the 125km level. The lower levels use a special encoding. Here are the results

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/btaft/contours.jpg

Duke of Earl
08-08-05, 11:07 AM
Woo-hoo!... finally!... :up:

Hope it works out without conflicts and can be used on all versions of the Nav Chart... wouldn't want to lose my convoy lanes or my nomograph scales...

Cordialement, Duke of Earl

The Avon Lady
08-08-05, 11:51 AM
Hope it works out without conflicts and can be used on all versions of the Nav Chart... wouldn't want to lose my convoy lanes or my nomograph scales...
My exact concern.

For the record, the Mapped Convoy Routes Mod replaces file \data\Terrain\Maps\Map1\4320_2160.raw.

btaft
08-08-05, 12:46 PM
This update would replace the the 21600_10800.raw file. The bad side is that this file is 220mb. The overlay would likely be smaller though

ENtek-IO
08-08-05, 02:57 PM
To be honest, even a file size that large wouldnt hinder me to downwload it for that feature.
There are alot people who didnt mess with the nav chart so far and would love this. Inclusive me.

NZ_Wanderer
08-08-05, 07:00 PM
I use wolfies clean map mod which only changes TGA files and the mapped convoy routes which as Avon Lady says uses a different raw file, so yours would be a welcome addition. :up: :up:

btaft
08-08-05, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the thumbs up. I will continue to crunch the data. The going may be a bit slow.....My wife and I just had twins so I will be in and out of work (not to mention SH 3). The overall procedure is pretty simple.

Download Data
Crunch data into a Tiff file
Overlay in photoshop
Repeat.

I would like some suggestions on being able to get it out in the community (200 MB is a bit to host and I don't have a web site)

NZ_Wanderer
08-08-05, 08:07 PM
I would like some suggestions on being able to get it out in the community (200 MB is a bit to host and I don't have a web site)

Contact Terrapin at http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/ - He is kindly hosting just about every mod ever done :) :)
If that fails I could maybe look at hosting it myself, but I would try Terrapin first :)