PDA

View Full Version : British T Boat?

awood6535
08-04-05, 09:37 PM
Is there any way to make the Trafalgar SSN playable? :hmm:

goldorak
08-05-05, 05:35 AM
Is there any way to make the Trafalgar SSN playable? :hmm:

Only if SCS decides to make a Trafalgar SSN expansion for DW.

Kapitan
08-17-05, 01:11 PM
hope so id also like to see a oscar or even a german 214

jsteed
08-17-05, 08:17 PM
Since it appears that DW is well on its way to becoming abandonware, I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising soul creates any number of playables.

We'll find out just how abandoned it is by the speed of Jamie's reply to such a transparent taunt. :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers, jsteed

Kapitan
08-17-05, 08:33 PM
from my perspective as a good saleman the following is not good

advertisement and promotion: not much known about this game in the outer world i knew nothing about dangerous waters untill i came to subsim and many of my other friends who play sub command and SH3 have never heard of DW

how to counter: easy advertise more in magasines on the net and in shops

in store sales: total joke beyond belief i bough sub command in a store from sonalasyst it done ok so a better version would go down more so i bough sub command when it was kinda in the middle (about 2003)

how to counter: create a demand que like playstation does put a few not alot of copys on the shelf in major stores and when sold out have it on order that way you dont have to over produce and make a loss

my opinion: im glad DW is out im glad its a good game and with the patches it will be better but it will probly be a flunk i doubt many more people than these people on subsim are going to buy it so it becomes junk and that means no copies sold its failed,
not many people know about DW so they dont investigate it and dont dig deep its what puts people off.

personaly i think sonalasyst is going to have to rethink this whole idea of selling DW otherwise its going to be one hell of a great waste.

oh p.s can i see the sales figures if its possible please or something showing number of copys sold

cheers dont mean to be negative just advice and one opinion

XabbaRus
08-18-05, 05:54 AM
Since it appears that DW is well on its way to becoming abandonware, I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising soul creates any number of playables.

We'll find out just how abandoned it is by the speed of Jamie's reply to such a transparent taunt. :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers, jsteed

Very funny...NOT.

Joke or not that might not help with DWX getting further support.

And they say in every joke there is a grain of truth.
Seriously since SCS were a little pissed that you hacked the SC exe to make different subs playable I don't think Jamie will be impressed by this joke or not.

Kapitan
08-18-05, 07:18 AM
hacking your own property isnt against the law its like breaking into your own property

id like to know what scs can do to jsteed

if i bought something it automaticaly becomes my property like your house is your property so it means you can do what you like with it whats to stop me gettiung the CD and sticking it up my bum ? nothing i can do exactly what i like with it :D see the point

and i dont think copyright covers something like that il have to read up on that though

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 07:26 AM
Copywrite laws prevent a product from being modified and redistributed.

I know nothing of jsteed's case and don't care, but if someone hacked the dw executable, and redistributed it over the net, that would be illegal.

Kapitan
08-18-05, 07:31 AM
i dont think sonalasyst will prosicute whats the point now if he did re sell copys then id say they should

but if you look at the credits i think ive seen jsteeds name up there :up:

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 07:33 AM
That's why I said I don't know and don't care. :-j

Kapitan
08-18-05, 07:34 AM
lol i dont upto j steed does with his property

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 07:34 AM
I figure SCS has better things to do than sue us. ;) :lol:

Kapitan
08-18-05, 07:35 AM
yup like DWX :D

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 07:40 AM
When I have it, I'll have it. :yep:

Kapitan
08-18-05, 07:40 AM
yup :|\

XabbaRus
08-18-05, 07:44 AM
Kapitain no one can stop you doing what you want to your copy of DW on your own machine...

The problem is when you distribute it.

Tricky area really.

Kapitan
08-18-05, 07:46 AM
yep i aint a computer buff so i havnt a clue how to do all this so im kinda stuck lol not that i want to mess up DW im happy with the akula :up:

jsteed
08-18-05, 09:24 PM
Hi Ben,

As I recall, you were quite excited to get SCU. In fact your lobbying in this forum, (among others), for the ability to drive other subs was a large part of the reason I decided to release SCU to the public.

Your problems in getting DWX off of square zero have absolutely nothing to do with SCU. The DWX crew really needs to stop looking for excuses and just do the work necessary to produce it. Instead of blaming me as the reason, SA didn't hand you the db structure on a silver platter, why didn't you just spend the time needed to define it yourself? Certainly it is easier to blame others...

Had you and a few other SCXers not been so quick to 'dis' SCU, (I do not tolerate hypocrisy well), I would have given you my db editor months ago. The only reason I recently released it was due to the work that people like Amizaur, Luftwolf and others have been doing. No need to punish them for your sins.

Had you been even slightly less disparaging, I would have also given you a SC to DW db translator. You could have had DWX in April.

cheers, jsteed

Beer
08-18-05, 10:04 PM
Note to self...

Suggest to Neal for the random avatar (or for that matter have the Admin assign it) SEA LAWYER to those deserving such a title... Picture being a sailor wearing a tie...

There is always one or two on every ship... :rotfl:

Cheers
Beer

PeriscopeDepth
08-19-05, 12:49 AM
Had you been even slightly less disparaging, I would have also given you a SC to DW db translator. You could have had DWX in April.

cheers, jsteed

To hold back a tool that would have GREATLY enhanced the community's enjoyment of DW to get back at the SCX team is rather childish.

XabbaRus
08-19-05, 03:00 AM
Hi Ben,

As I recall, you were quite excited to get SCU. In fact your lobbying in this forum, (among others), for the ability to drive other subs was a large part of the reason I decided to release SCU to the public.

Your problems in getting DWX off of square zero have absolutely nothing to do with SCU. The DWX crew really needs to stop looking for excuses and just do the work necessary to produce it. Instead of blaming me as the reason, SA didn't hand you the db structure on a silver platter, why didn't you just spend the time needed to define it yourself? Certainly it is easier to blame others...

Had you and a few other SCXers not been so quick to 'dis' SCU, (I do not tolerate hypocrisy well), I would have given you my db editor months ago. The only reason I recently released it was due to the work that people like Amizaur, Luftwolf and others have been doing. No need to punish them for your sins.

cheers, jsteed

Hm I have never disparaged SCU, it was quite a piece of work.
I understood you had SCS's full permission, then once DW is released it turns out they weren't too happy about it.

As for your dbase editor, unless you have MS Access then it isn't much good. I don't anymore so it wouldn't help me.

As for us SCS not handing us the DW database structure on a platter. You know less than you think.

DWX hasn't appeared yet cos there isn't a full editor. Real life ie work considerations and Ludger having kids might have something to do with it. Also I don't think there is the excitement at the moment, especially as the SCX team myself included have other things in real life to deal with at the moment.

Personally I don't care what you do anymore. Oh and DWX team isn't looking to blame anyone. I haven't seen that written anywhere on the forum.

Linton
12-25-05, 08:52 PM
So what did happen to a driveable t-boat?

Kapitan
01-01-06, 06:18 PM
ask pirate he made the K123 ALFA playable

OneShot
01-01-06, 06:31 PM
Actually he made a very cool looking modell of an Alfa Sub and switched out the original Akula modell with his Alfa model. In other words he changed the skin. And it looks really beautiful. However thats something that is currently only good for you if you just play SP or set up your game so you can easily switch the custom (with the new skin) DB against a standard DB.

LuftWolf
01-01-06, 07:41 PM
Interestingly enough, if you are willing to completely sacrafice one of the two Akula II's (there are separate database objects for each Akula II, which is rare for a single class), you can have an Alfa that is played as a an Alfa with the Akula loadout, which you can restrict yourself to say, using the 4-8 53cm tubes only and firing USGT's (an upgrage) and 56wakehomers or perhaps a subroc.

Then, in the database you can give it it's own launchers with the exact loadout you want for the AI. You can even make multiple boats of the same type from the object. When you make the launchers for the AI, you can specify the same loadout that you restrict yourself to when you play the sub, or variation made for the AI.

In many ways, you can make it very much like a new sub.

Keep in mind this is getting into a grey area, but since it can be done with the database and requires some bit of effort for the player to restrict it, thus making it unlikely for distribution, I suppose it's ok. Just don't decompile anything. :up:

Oh and don't forget, you can change the sensors too! The second Akula II has it's own sensor assignments, so its very easy to do!

XabbaRus
01-01-06, 08:11 PM
Just so no confusion but Deep Six made the Alfa and a playable t-boat will never exist unless SCS reckon its worth it.

Pirate
01-01-06, 08:43 PM
Yes. I did not make that alfa!
I wasn't born for 3d modeling or painting, trust me ;)
As I wrote on the thread that's the alfa from scxiic.

I really recomend using the akula i improved as it has 1 object -> 1 3d -> 1 class

And akula ii has 2 objects -> 2 3d -> 1 class

So if you change akula II class to alfa you will be changing vepr and gepard to alfa class
So, better use akula I imp.

Also don't forget to make new sonar profile and use it at the object.

LuftWolf
01-01-06, 08:52 PM
Well, I figured that someone would rather loose a single Akula II than the whole Akula I Imp class and then just make a second entry into the remaining Akula II entry for the other ship, so they would use the same object file, as they are basically identical just have a different model (although the mod changes the TA for the gepard a bit in terms of max speed). Although it would not be playable, you could still have it as a non-playable Akula II.

:P