PDA

View Full Version : Is the patch comming?

mike_espo
08-03-05, 08:03 AM
Just wondering :hmm:

Kapitan
08-03-05, 08:14 AM
hopefuly by christmas 2011 :D

Dr.Sid
08-03-05, 08:17 AM
It said it is ..
What is your most important bugs at the time ? For me it is:
- mast broke speed is computed against ground, not agais water, so it does not work well with currents.
- Kilo and MH60 pasive sonar bug (you hear contacts over unrealistic range)
- Active sonar retry volume bug (active retry is always at full volume)

DivingWind
08-03-05, 08:35 AM
Nobody knows better when the patch is going to be out, then Jamie him self...

Skybird
08-03-05, 09:28 AM
Skybird, with tapping fingertips... :lol:

Kapitan
08-03-05, 09:32 AM
:huh: out of sheer idle curiosity and total bordem and me being utterly nosey and inquisative

WHERE IS IT ?

Jamie
08-03-05, 10:42 AM
Nobody knows better when the patch is going to be out, then Jamie him self...

I'll provide you more details when they are available guys... I'm not holding out on you, I promise. :P

TLAM Strike
08-03-05, 12:03 PM
Yikes guys let Jaime and SCS do their work! The more time they waste on "When will the patch be out" threads is less time they have to do their job. :roll:

Bellman
08-03-05, 12:25 PM
:up: Right.

Here's 'my way' of filling the waiting time:-
1. Learn a new platform.
2. Try Scenario Design.
3. Waste time posting here. ;)

Jump a hamock in the garden armed to the tonsils with a four pack (for starters) :rock:

PeriscopeDepth
08-03-05, 12:46 PM
:up: Right.

Here's 'my way' of filling the waiting time:-
1. Learn a new platform.
2. Try Scenario Design.
3. Waste time posting here. ;)

Jump a hamock in the garden armed to the tonsils with a four pack (for starters) :rock:

A four pack? You must be drinking European stuff. :D

Kapitan
08-03-05, 12:58 PM
2 x 1 litre bottles of vodka go down a treat most of the time :up:

PeriscopeDepth
08-03-05, 01:00 PM

GAG

Bellman
08-03-05, 01:17 PM
:ping: Peri - Euro - Carlsberg Export (currently) :up:

Kapitan
08-03-05, 01:38 PM
GAG on what ? vodka ? nah no way

MarkShot
08-03-05, 03:04 PM
While reviewing old posts in the "Classic Forum" to see what things I could learn, I noticed that there was a patch 1.09 discussed for SC. I suppose that is never going to happen. :(

Bellman
08-03-05, 03:30 PM
:) With respect SC/SCX layer experience may be relevant to your posting in the DW SSP thread
but the 1.9 patch for SC topic seems a little out of place here in DW ? ;)

Zerogreat
08-04-05, 05:38 AM

I like vodka... but in my refriegator there is one some noname bottle which tastes like aircraft fuel :lol:

Well i dont say it is not good anyway :D

Kiwi Zero Six
08-04-05, 05:49 AM
C'mon, lads, this is the virtual seas. You should be drinking scotch or rum.

Zerogreat
08-04-05, 07:08 AM
C'mon, lads, this is the virtual seas. You should be drinking scotch or rum.

I remember drinking that austrian 80% Stroh rum (and fernet and more... :P ) then waking up on some tram stop without my wallet :o I think i had too much :lol:

Bellman
08-04-05, 07:48 AM
:lol: A favourite subject - got us going. :up:

Sent to Ireland (Eire) some time ago and tried to stick to the Guiness which definitely tastes better out there
but drifted on to the Paddy which is the local whiskey. Pure brake fluid. :o :huh:

:o Sure the brain aint been the same since. :damn: :damn:

Dr.Sid
08-04-05, 07:55 AM
Ethylalcohol is a drug, dudes .. stop it. :dead:

Zerogreat
08-04-05, 12:28 PM
Ethylalcohol is a drug, dudes .. stop it. :dead:

Until it can make the miserable days of this life more enjoyable and still next day my body is working just fine, i dont care much :yep:

LuftWolf
08-04-05, 01:16 PM
Well if anyone is interested, I am working on a database mod for single player (I am in contact with Amizaur for tuning it up)... that fixes the mobile mines, changes the 65cm to a wakehomer, the 53cm to USGT specs, puts uset-80's on russian made ships, AND adds the YB-23 to the 688i. (which just involved changing three things, so I am still testing it to see if I missed anything important)
More details to follow...

PeriscopeDepth
08-04-05, 01:19 PM
Well if anyone is interested, I am working on a database mod for single player (I am in contact with Amizaur for tuning it up)... that fixes the mobile mines, changes the 65cm to a wakehomer, the 53cm to USGT specs, puts uset-80's on russian made ships, AND adds the YB-23 to the 688i. (which just involved changing three things, so I am still testing it to see if I missed anything important)
More details to follow...

Any chance of integrating it into Finiteless's database?

LuftWolf
08-04-05, 01:24 PM
I have had problems using the Finiteless mod, especially with subrocs (they bob up and down onces launched) and a couple of other things (65cm not a wakehomer).

I have made this database as an alternative, for people who don't want to have so many changes to the database but still want to have a couple of unrealistic kinks worked out.

I think I'll have a v1.0 in a few days or so, everything that I have done is working properly so far, but Amizaur thinks of far more things than I do it seems, so I want him to look at it.

Let me know if you want to look at it, if you are familiar with the editor that would help a lot. :-j

OlegM
08-04-05, 01:35 PM

Skybird do you plan on robbing couple banks or killing someone? :cool: Like, you know, guys who prepare to commit some serious crime sometimes damage their own fingertips in order not to leave any fingerprints for forensics to analyse :rotfl:

Tapping your fingers for so long you must have acheived the same effect :rotfl:

You'd do better to actually use fingers to play the game :ping:

Oleg

Kapitan
08-04-05, 01:40 PM
before you commit a crime get a belt sander and put your hands on it for a short while wrap them in bandages so all the loose sking falls in to that then after a few days unwrapp the bandage and bobs your uncle

or you could just be smart and wear leather gloves

PeriscopeDepth
08-04-05, 03:28 PM
I have had problems using the Finiteless mod, especially with subrocs (they bob up and down onces launched) and a couple of other things (65cm not a wakehomer).

I have made this database as an alternative, for people who don't want to have so many changes to the database but still want to have a couple of unrealistic kinks worked out.

I think I'll have a v1.0 in a few days or so, everything that I have done is working properly so far, but Amizaur thinks of far more things than I do it seems, so I want him to look at it.

Let me know if you want to look at it, if you are familiar with the editor that would help a lot. :-j

Are you basically cloning the TB-29 and calling it a TB-23, or are you making your TB-23 sensitivity somewhere between TB-16 and TB-29? I just cloned the TB-29 and made it the portside TAs on 688Is (and some have been retrofitted with the TB-29, IIRC). Can Amizaur's doctrines be used with your DB?

Some things that I've done to my database that you might also want to do to yours:
Change the MH-60 dipping sonar length to 2500. That's what it is IRL.
FFG TA to 5000 feet for same reason.
TB-29/23 length doesn't seem to be available for public consumption, but I figure it's also around 5000 feet, not the same length as TB-16.

I haven't done it but maybe take out the huge dead area that the front of the TA has, and replace it with something like 5 degrees rather than 30 or whatever. SCX had that.

Are you going to change default passive SLs for the subs. I don't like how in the standard databse the majority of the nonplayable is set at 74 or something. Are you going to tinker with any of that? That's the mean reason I use Finiteless's DB.

I know how to use the editor well enough (it's not tough, Ludger gave us a great program), but I don't know the effects of what I stick in the editor well enough. If I was to tinker with one thing, it would be with passive SLs, as I said before the default sonar values don't sit right with me for the most part. But I don't know enough about how changing the SLs and sensor sensitivities affects detection ranges.

Might also want to try and get into touch with jsteed. He knows the DB inside out.

LuftWolf
08-04-05, 03:38 PM
When I started working on the DB, I had it in mind to change as little as possible while still changing the most noticable things in gameplay.

The TB-23 is a less capable version of the tb-29, less sensitive and washes out sooner, but is still more sensitive than the tb-16.

I have not looked at length because I am trying to tinker with as little as possible before 1.2 comes out. I don't want to go through the DB changing all kinds of things because my goal is to keep it as playable and bug-free as the original DB. This is way to complex to go changing variables that I don't really know, so I have stayed with swapping around functional bits and changing as little of the actual numbers as possible.

Basically, I have gone after the five biggest things that bother me, and changed as little as I need to so that when I play the game, I won't notice them. :up: :arrgh!:

Skybird
08-05-05, 05:12 AM

Skybird do you plan on robbing couple banks or killing someone? :cool: Like, you know, guys who prepare to commit some serious crime sometimes damage their own fingertips in order not to leave any fingerprints for forensics to analyse :rotfl:

Tapping your fingers for so long you must have acheived the same effect :rotfl:

You'd do better to actually use fingers to play the game :ping:

Oleg

:lol:

Wim Libaers
08-05-05, 04:42 PM
I like vodka... but in my refriegator there is one some noname bottle which tastes like aircraft fuel :lol:

Well i dont say it is not good anyway :D

From this comparison, I assume you know the taste of aircraft fuel well? :doh:

Kapitan
08-06-05, 01:58 AM
i had a nasty experiance with petrol filling up my lawn mower when i dropped the bottle of fuel stupid stuff flew up the nozzel and into my face

stung like mad :damn: :damn: :damn:

Bellman
08-06-05, 07:31 AM
Demon and din,
Gin, Gin
A glass of gin.
The dram of Satan, The liquor of sin.

After Avators cant think of a subject closer to my heart. :D

Not sure what its called in Russia but my ole man used to make potato wine and run it through a still -
Rocket fuel. :arrgh!:

PS. Whats Peri doing with 'my avator' ? :hulk:

LuftWolf
08-07-05, 02:31 PM
A database mod that addresses Akula/RussianSVTT weapons, adds the 688i TB-23, and starts to fix the mobile mines should be beta and up on Subguru soon.

I would much appreciate modders and db-editor junkies to take a look and give me some feedback. ;) :up:

PeriscopeDepth
08-07-05, 04:09 PM
A database mod that addresses Akula/RussianSVTT weapons, adds the 688i TB-23, and starts to fix the mobile mines should be beta and up on Subguru soon.

I would much appreciate modders and db-editor junkies to take a look and give me some feedback. ;) :up:

Thanks Luftwolf. Hope you put a nice readme in it that says what you changed. :)

And Bellman, it seems I've lost it...

Bellman
08-07-05, 09:22 PM
:rotfl:

OlegM - maybe my head was somewhere else ....... :P :zzz:

...but I missed your 'finger' stuff - very good . :cool:

:rotfl:

LuftWolf
08-08-05, 12:32 PM
Here's a sketch of the readme:

Amizaur has contributed equally to this project. Thanks to finiteless for his general contribution to modding DW.

53cm Torpedo- Changed to UGST specifications: 50kph for 30km w/ max depth 800m and 300kg warhead (vs. ADCAP ~850m and 350kg, in stock db anyway), Active/Passive multipurpose wireguided torpedo.

65cm Torpedo- 65-76 Wakehoming Hydrogen Peroxide-powered torpedo (the type supposedly removed after the Kurst Incident, all specs left the same except guidance, following the wakehome doctrine now) and wire removed (the wireguidance option is now disabled in game, but the fire control graphics are the same, I can't change that as far as I know with DB. You just have to remember that none of the a/p or pattern buttons mean anything, and the torp will continue in a straight line after it enables until it hits a wake). LAUNCH THE TORPEDO WITH THE DEPTH SET AT ~10m, depending on how lucky you feel that day.

This gives the Akula a non-redunant torpedo load, and makes the Nixie a whole lot less annoying. :arrgh!: Amizaur is currently working on a two stage version of the ss-n-27 missles, which will be included at soon. :ping:

Russian Ship Launched Torpedos: I have given Russian ships USET-80 torpedos, as they previously used 53cm torpedos. This more accurately reflects Russian SVTT capabilities, as we believe them to be.

688i Towed Arrays--Added TB-23 as starboard array. The reason I have kept it on the starboard, against what is commonly reported, is because in missions where ownship starts with TA deployed, it is always the starboard array, and I figured in most situations I would want that one deployed. The port TB-16 washes out at ~20kts and the TB-23 washes out at around ~16kts (you folks can tell me if that feels right once you play around with it... or if I'm just completely off...). I have set the sensitivity of the TB-23 to be pretty much in the middle of the TB-16 and the TB-29. I was even able to change the names in game, so have fun captains! :-j

Mobile Mines-- Amizaur is working on a database/doctrine fix for the mobile mines that addresses a major flaw. I have added the thrust-database fix recommended in the Landlubbers' guide on Subguru.

Other Database Changes: Underwater missle sound when launched (currently silent) and Missle IR signatures (currently NO IR sigs for missles), and maybe a few other things... :|\ :hmm:

Thanks to Subguru for being gracious enough to host, it seems like we keep finding stuff we want to put in, but I will probably have a beta in a day or two, maybe sooner. :up:

Thanks in advance for your comments.

LW

Blackmuzzle
08-08-05, 12:43 PM
Excellent. Can't wait to see this in action.

LuftWolf
08-08-05, 12:55 PM
There is one thing I should add about the TA fix. The database models the differences between submarine arrays as well as the original database does. That is to say: all submarine towed arrays vary in only two database properties: Maxspeed and sensitivity (I can't remember the acronym). The geometry of all of the arrays are the same. This is a simulation problem, not a gameplay problem, and fixing it would involve both detailed knowledge of the arrays and the database, neither of which I have. I did not feel comfortable changing the arrays to their real life lengths, as it may have made the actual modeling of them less playable/realistic given the engine, I don't know. I'd like to think that they are all the same for some other reason than someone at SCS didn't feel like transcribing 8 numbers into a file. :yep: :P

XabbaRus
08-08-05, 02:55 PM
Well in SCX I think Thomas modeled TA length accurately.

LuftWolf
08-08-05, 03:07 PM
Then the problem should take care of itself when DWX comes out. ;) :-j :rotfl:

LuftWolf
08-12-05, 01:53 AM
Database Mod will be sent to Bill today (Friday), I just have some final testing to do... hmmmm, testing. :|\ :arrgh!:

Ula Jolly
08-12-05, 03:28 PM
I've been spending a good two weeks with Silent Hunter III now, just to ease on the reality (it's quite fun, much because of the graphics!), awaiting 1,02.

Yet.... I don't see it. Reckon the same demand for patience applies in real life as in the game. :arrgh!: