PDA

View Full Version : Any news as to status of RUb 1.43?

APHill
08-02-05, 06:46 PM
I was just wondering if there is any news as to the status of RUb 1.43. Is there a chance it will be released this week?

Longstreet

Salvadoreno
08-02-05, 07:47 PM
yah dude i believe its this week. Or i hope so. Im going to uninstall SH3 and reinstall it once i get Rub 1.43 or whatever it is. Cant wait for the improved convoys and all the other improvements.

jasonb885
08-02-05, 08:54 PM
When it's ready.
:know:

CCIP
08-02-05, 11:29 PM
Yes, last I heard from Beery is sometime around this weekend.

It's currently in a wider mod-team beta-test. :)

Beery
08-03-05, 01:04 AM
Here's just a little taste of the mod - something I've been working on in the last couple of days:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Beery/ID2.jpg

I've revamped the look of the ship ID book cover. I've standardized all the country names, and added the appropriate flags, toned down to make them look as if they've been stamped into the leather. This should make identification a bit less of a hassle.

Oesten
08-03-05, 03:13 AM
Nice!

Gammel
08-03-05, 04:03 AM
Hello Beery,

I have another question about the recognition book.
When i added the Merchants Mod and the southampton cruiser mod by serbuto to a RUB 1.42 Silenthunter 3
they are displayed in the book fine, but the background colors doesn´t match.
Will those new ships be included in the new RUB version or can you give me a hint how to fix it for myself?
I now it´s just candy but would be nice to get that solved. Thanks

Sfinx
08-03-05, 05:04 AM
No biggie but is it possible to have the ID book start on the merchant ship section instead of the US warship section?

Beery
08-03-05, 10:06 AM
No biggie but is it possible to have the ID book start on the merchant ship section instead of the US warship section?

I haven't found a way to do that yet. That's one of my pet peeves too. The ID book always opens with the first (alphabetically) named file. Since the US file is named 'American' it pops up first. Actually, in RUb 1.43 it will be Albania, hehe, but that's beside the point. It is possible to have it open to a blank page, but I'm not sure that's preferable. It should be possible to have it open to a merchant page, but only if there's another merchant page elsewhere in the book. I'm not sure that this would be preferable either.

Beery
08-03-05, 10:14 AM
Hello Beery,

I have another question about the recognition book.
When i added the Merchants Mod and the southampton cruiser mod by serbuto to a RUB 1.42 Silenthunter 3
they are displayed in the book fine, but the background colors doesn´t match.
Will those new ships be included in the new RUB version or can you give me a hint how to fix it for myself?
I now it´s just candy but would be nice to get that solved. Thanks

The Southampton file you need is here (www.beerymod.com/NCL_Southampton_sil.tga) Add this to the mod, overwriting the mod's original NCL_Southampton_sil.tga file. I also use the Southampton mod, so I configured it to work with RUb, which is why I happen to have that file. Note to self - I must ask Sergbuto if I can use that mod in RUb.

As for the merchant mod, I'm not sure which mod you're talking about. I didn't realise there was a mod out there that changed the merchant ship ID images. Let me know where I can find it and I'll try to adjust it to suit RUb.

CCIP
08-03-05, 11:13 AM
I think he means Serg's two additional merchants (the converted Auxiliary Cruiser and Commerce Raider).

Beery
08-03-05, 11:25 AM
I think he means Serg's two additional merchants (the converted Auxiliary Cruiser and Commerce Raider).

Let me know where to get them from and I'll make the RUb-style ID pages for them.

Actually I'm gonna be away for a couple of days, so I probably won't do this until Friday at the earliest, but just leave a note on here and i'll get to it.

Gammel
08-03-05, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the file and info Beery :up:
Would be great to see the Southampton in RUB too. (if Sergbuto agrees, of course)
The additional merchant mod is also made by Sergbuto, available on his site too:

http://web.telia.com/~u18230645/

Is it too late to integrate this one to? The vessles do show up without a problem in the new RND file
(improved convoys, 0729) by jasonb885.

Thanks for all you´ve done so far and excuse my bad english ;)

U-73
08-03-05, 01:52 PM
Beery, can you give us a list of what mod's you plan on including with RUB 1.43. I currently have numerous mods installed (no rub) and recently installed the latest SH3 commander version. Since then I've been having my screen freeze up at least once per mission. It wasn't doing it before SH3 commander so I'm guessing there are mod's, or a mod, conflicting with it. I was wondering if you considered: Ail particles mod, less air patrols for 1.4, milk cow mod, or any of Juju's excellent merchant-military ship mods.

thanks...

Gunfighter34
08-03-05, 03:41 PM
Really looking forward to this! I haven't been using RUb so far (I'm fairly new to SHIII and Subsim) so I decided I'd just wait in anticipation for this version. I just have a couple of, maybe stupid, questions, so forgive me in advance if they're not good.

1) Will RUb 1.43 be compatible with Rubini's traffic mod, which to me so far is the one most indispensible mod I'm using?

2) I've read mixed reviews of the fatigue system in prior RUb versions. Are there ways to change out individual components of the mod if I either don't like them or they're not compatible with the Wolves at War campaign I'm playing in (which has it's own little mod with it).

Thanks in advance for any help, and also thank you to Beery and everyone else on the RUb team for the work you've put into this!

bobo
08-03-05, 03:57 PM
Hey Gunfighter......

Actually...Rubini's traffic mod is included in RUb :know:

When it comes to the fatigue system in RUb I honestly don't know what all the hubub is about. Yes, it takes a lil getting used to but after a few patrols I'd say most people would prefer RUb's fatigue system over the stock version. Once they get seasoned fatigue is never an issue again. BUT, to answer your question, yes and no. There is a mod called UnRealUboat which will undo some of RUb's doing but I don't believe it includes the fatigue system however, there is a "no fatigue" type mod and a "RealisticFatigue" mod (which I havent tried). These MIGHT be able to be installed after RUb to take affect but it depends on what other settings may have been altered in the Basic.cfg for RUb so it may actually break RUb *shrug*. Another possibility (I've never done this) would be to copy your original Basic.cfg (before installing RUb), then install RUb, then overwrite the CREW_0 thru CREW_8 sections in the Basic.cfg that RUb installed with the original settings. ALWAYS keep a backup of your SilentHunter3 folder if possible because changes like these can sometimes cause the game to crash.

It would be easier to stick with RUb's fatigue system I'd think

Hope this at least helps a lil bit :yep:

Gunfighter34
08-03-05, 04:07 PM
Thanks bobo,

Very helpful, and quite a relief, as I am looking forward to trying this out BUT I didn't want to part with the Harbour Traffic. :)

As for the fatigue I'm certainly willing to give it a try. It's not like the original system doesn't take some getting used to, anyway, right?

Beery
08-04-05, 06:07 AM

Here are the lowered brightness (RUb-compatible) versions of the ID book pages for these two ships:

www.beerymod.com/NKGN_sil.tga

www.beerymod.com/NPTR_sil.tga

Just right click on these and 'save target as'. Then replace the mods' original sil.tga files with these and your ship ID book will look right.

Gammel
08-04-05, 06:17 AM
:rock:

Nice!

Great, that does mean we will see them in RUB1.43?! :P

Beery
08-04-05, 09:37 AM
:rock:

Nice!

Great, that does mean we will see them in RUB1.43?! :P

I sent a PM to Sergbuto this morning. Just got his reply, and he gave permission for his mods to be in RUb. I'll work on getting his stuff into RUb 1.43 in the next couple of days. As those who have used his mods know, he does great and innovative work. I'm very glad that his mods are going to be a part of RUb.

Gammel
08-04-05, 10:04 AM
Great news!

I remember i had to adjust some textfiles for make them run with the german game version.
Without modification the game crashes at startup.
Unfortunatly i deleted my modded SH3 folder without making backup of those files.
I guess it where only the GermanNames.cfg files in the Sea/Air folder.
Would be nice if you would fix this issue for the players using the german version.
Thanks Beery, i´m looking forward for RUB 1.43.
So much great new stuff in there. :up:

FritzHeinz
08-04-05, 10:23 AM
You will probably have to tune the additional merchants a little for RUb. I installed Sergbuto additional merchants V2.0, and it's great for your tonnage. :rock:

You will encounter many solo 'adepted Commerce raiders' near the shores of scotland. I kill them always using 1 torpedo in it's 'unmissable fuelbunker' in the middle of the ship. Everytime good for 17k tonnage.

Beery
08-04-05, 10:40 AM
Great news!

I remember i had to adjust some textfiles for make them run with the german game version...

Yup. I noticed that when I looked at the Southampton mod. I too use the German version. When I configure the mods for use in RUb I will configure them all for both the English and German versions.

jasonb885
08-04-05, 11:16 AM
Is it too late to integrate this one to? The vessles do show up without a problem in the new RND file
(improved convoys, 0729) by jasonb885.

Thanks for all you´ve done so far and excuse my bad english ;)

The South Hampton will show up. The new merchants will not.

Gammel
08-04-05, 02:37 PM
Sure they won´t? (of course you´r sure, it´s your mod :P)
I was pretty sure that i sunk that large cargo.
It was the first ship in my type II career, so it was easy to remember for me...
It´s possible i used an older version of your RND file that day.
Did this ship show up on earlier Versions?
Damn, I sunk it :-j
I´ll have a look for that debrief thing, maybe i´m able to make a screenshot...

Edit:
I´ve checked my log, ok it was my typeVII career, but i sunk that ship.
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh3exe00943565hz.jpg
I agree that there is no proof i used Improved convoys that day,
but i was always in hunt of your RND files from the beginning! :D
If it is impossible under all circumstands that they´ve showed up, i´m sorry for my mistake. :oops:

Gammel
08-04-05, 03:17 PM
So if it´s impossible with your RND to spawn that type of ship,
why it is?
The other possible RND i´ve used on that patrol was that one from RUB.
As you can see the ship was there (it was a great first meeting with those british, lol)
Could you adjust your RND to spawn that ship?
I like those additional ships AND your mod! :cry:

sergbuto
08-05-05, 10:54 AM
I just took a look at the last version of jason's RND file and saw quite a few generic entries of Type=102 which means that additional merchants can show up in the modded game as well.

Salvadoreno
08-05-05, 05:01 PM
wohoo comming out this weekand!!!!

Beery
08-05-05, 07:16 PM
The mod is now in final testing. The Southampton class cruiser and the two new merchants by Sergbuto will appear in the mod, also Sergbuto's flag mod; Improved Convoys will be in the mod; Operations (Ops) will be in the mod. The mod will not be released until Sunday, as we want to be as sure as we can that it is bug-free.

XXi
08-05-05, 11:18 PM
That`s a good news. And as for the release date - I think it`s always better to release few days later and tested than...o h well, you know what I mean.

The_Pharoah
08-06-05, 01:15 AM
The mod is now in final testing. The Southampton class cruiser and the two new merchants by Sergbuto will appear in the mod, also Sergbuto's flag mod; Improved Convoys will be in the mod; Operations (Ops) will be in the mod. The mod will not be released until Sunday, as we want to be as sure as we can that it is bug-free.

why can't Ubisoft be more like you Beery? :yep:

Beery
08-06-05, 01:27 AM

LOL, do you mean middle-aged and cantankerous? :lol:

The_Pharoah
08-06-05, 01:34 AM

LOL, do you mean middle-aged and cantankerous? :lol:

lol nah mate, doing stuff like:

- regular updates
- communication with the community
- a set deadline and how you're tracking against it (rather than Oleg Maddox's famous '2 weeks') :rotfl:

Makes a huge difference.

HEMISENT
08-06-05, 06:03 AM
Yeah! They can change their name to Ubi Beerysoft. :rock:
OPS MOD! OPS MOD! OPS MOD! OPS MOD! OPS MOD!

glenno
08-06-05, 06:12 AM
Did anything happen with the (decreases wave speed to 2) setting to make the sea more realistic .

BladeHeart
08-06-05, 07:17 AM
Beery wroteLOL, do you mean middle-aged and cantankerous?

Knew we had something in common. :)

baxter
08-06-05, 01:39 PM
Lookng forward to it...thanks Beery for keeping everyone updated.

Gammel
08-06-05, 04:16 PM
Just a little last minute tweak suggestion.
How about lowering volume of the creaks_Level1-4 sounds?
I did it with my game and it´s much better now.
Before it was more like being on a wooden ship or something.
I was afraid to dive deeper than 30 meters cause of that terrible noises.:)
Also it feels a little strange when i´m on silent running...
My sound settings are crew messages set to low, rest to max.

Salvadoreno
08-06-05, 05:04 PM
hollywood damaged included too right??? Was it included in the last version? 1.42?

CCIP
08-06-05, 05:27 PM
Not quite. The damage model, while still technically based on Hollywood (damage-only), underwent a major revision (courtesy of yours truly!) :88)

glenno
08-06-05, 05:59 PM
Its sunday 9.00am in australia , can i have RUB 1.43 please.

XXi
08-06-05, 06:07 PM
Sunday, 1.00 AM. But it doesn`t matter - I can wait MUCH longer :)

The_Pharoah
08-06-05, 06:45 PM
Its sunday 9.00am in australia , can i have RUB 1.43 please.

lol :rotfl: yeah its Sunday 9.45am here in Aust (45mins after the above post) - can I have it too? lol --> j/k

*sigh* glenno, we'll just wait for the rest of the world to join us in the future aye?

glenno
08-06-05, 07:53 PM
(1050amsunday)I will just have to wait a little bit longer for RUB1.43. I could always stand outside and hose my subtropical garden . Its beautiful outside with not a cloud in the sky and about 25 degrees celcius . Then again i could be on a uboat in the atlantic with rain squalls and a heavy swell .

The_Pharoah
08-06-05, 08:38 PM
(1050amsunday)I will just have to wait a little bit longer for RUB1.43. I could always stand outside and hose my subtropical garden . Its beautiful outside with not a cloud in the sky and about 25 degrees celcius . Then again i could be on a uboat in the atlantic with rain squalls and a heavy swell .

25 degs hey? I'm in 'sunny/warm' qld and freezing my butt off in the house. :o

Wife said 'move up to Qld - its the best place in Aust to live - warm in winter, cool in summer' :nope: I got duped! :damn: bah, atleast its not Canberra aye?

JScones
08-06-05, 08:59 PM
Spare a thought for us in Melbourne... 10 degrees, cold, overcast...and soon to be wet.

But in an hour it will be sunny again ;)

The_Pharoah
08-06-05, 09:19 PM
Spare a thought for us in Melbourne... 10 degrees, cold, overcast...and soon to be wet.

But in an hour it will be sunny again ;)

mate, I just spent 2 weeks doing army training in Sth Australia sleeping in the bush. :o yes, it would 'cool down' to 2 degs at night and 'warm up' to 8 degs during the day. hmmm...nice. :hmm:

Salvadoreno
08-07-05, 04:53 PM
for the love of GOD come out already!!!

Unhealthy
08-07-05, 07:04 PM
http://www.beerymod.com/RUb1.43.7z

Its sunday, I just tried to type that link and it works.

Is it the official release ?

BladeHeart
08-07-05, 07:20 PM
Just checked the web site and it still shows RUB 1.42. :o

The link shown above works, but that is the first post of someone called Unhealthy! :shifty:

Don't mean to be offensive but as they say "There are old warriors and bold warriors, but..." ;)

Unhealthy
08-07-05, 07:35 PM
LOL

Well, it's my first post, but I'm reading this forum since 1939. :-j

By the way, I was wondering if they just had no time to update the web site since this topic ( http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41331 ) let me guess that RuB 1.43 is officially released.

For my nickname, well it's a long story. My real name is Daniel and for a reason that I forgot, my friends started to call me Lieutenant Dan years ago, just like the guy without legs in the Forrest Gump movie. Then, one of my friends decided to call me just LT, only by spelling the two letters, so it sounded like "healthy". This word is not very representative of my personality since I'm not a sporty person and I smoke cigarettes. Then, in a lack of imagination, I choosed "Unhealthy" as my nickname for many web sites logins.

Sorry for this insight and for my english too (I'm a french canadian).

Later guys, and special thanks to Beery and all the modders for RuB. :up:

Salvadoreno
08-07-05, 08:09 PM
so is it rub 1.43 or wut?

wetgoat
08-07-05, 08:47 PM
hey guys, just tried that download (on the wifes pc, just in case) It appears to be the real deal, although I thought it seemed sort of strange that ther was no bigtime anouncement like I was expecting.

Skweetis
08-07-05, 09:04 PM
not sure if beery would appreciate everyone grabbing that from his site, if he hasnt announced it yet......

Ill wait for an announcement.

Beery
08-07-05, 09:04 PM
The new version of the Real U-boat mod can indeed be downloaded from www.beerymod.com/RUb1.43.7z.
As I said before, the Southampton class cruiser and the two new merchants by Sergbuto are in the mod, also Sergbuto's flag mod; Improved Convoys is in the mod; and a beta version of the Operations (Ops) mod is included. Operations is an ongoing project, so some aspects of it are still in development, but the structure of it is there, and it represents a fundamental step forward in the game's ongoing development.

Skweetis
08-07-05, 09:08 PM
Doh! That was fast Beery! D/L now....

ANd thanks to all the RUb team for your hardwork and dedication!

HEMISENT
08-07-05, 09:11 PM
Beery
Thanks to you and all the members of the Mod Team for all the time and effort.
:up: :up: :up:

Downloading now.

HEMISENT
08-07-05, 09:15 PM
Beery, I was a big fan of Gouldjg's Hollywood damage mod. I know you've incorporated it into RUB but you said that some areas were modified from Gouldjg's version. I know the flying/exploding bodies were a bit of a turnoff for some. Could you be more specific?

Beery
08-07-05, 09:29 PM
Beery, I was a big fan of Gouldjg's Hollywood damage mod. I know you've incorporated it into RUB but you said that some areas were modified from Gouldjg's version. I know the flying/exploding bodies were a bit of a turnoff for some. Could you be more specific?

Flying bodies were removed. But also, GouldJG's version was meant to work with the standard game, so in order for it to work properly with RUb, some things had to be tweaked so that it was not too deadly. Basically, if players used the Hollywood mod with RUb every destroyer attack would be instant death. Not much fun in that, and not very realistic, so we tuned the deadliness a bit - toned it down to realistic proportions, and kept in all the stuff (flooding and sinking features etc.) that made the Hollywood DM more tense and exciting.

CCIP
08-07-05, 09:46 PM

Flying bodies were removed. But also, GouldJG's version was meant to work with the standard game, so in order for it to work properly with RUb, some things had to be tweaked so that it was not too deadly. Basically, if players used the Hollywood mod with RUb every destroyer attack would be instant death. Not much fun in that, and not very realistic, so we tuned the deadliness a bit - toned it down to realistic proportions, and kept in all the stuff (flooding and sinking features etc.) that made the Hollywood DM more tense and exciting.

For more specifics on 1.43 damage, check out my thread here:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41331

glenno
08-07-05, 09:52 PM
Thank you lord . Rub1.43 yipee.

JBClark
08-07-05, 10:44 PM
I'm downloading as I post this. Thanks in advance.

Halifax40
08-07-05, 11:12 PM
Wow.. and I was just thoroughly enjoying RUB 1.42 on my return to this simulation: and my heavily fantastic modded game, which was a decent game in its vanilla.. just got immensely better. Since I have the day off tomorrow (long weekend) looks like it's an all-nighter for this el capitan! Thank you. Oh, I guess I need to post this again (from another thread):

http://www.ajsbowl.com/funny5.jpg

Unhealthy
08-07-05, 11:46 PM
http://www.beerymod.com/RUb1.43.7z

Its sunday, I just tried to type that link and it works.

Is it the official release ?

Whhooaa, I never tought I would announe an official RuB release in a first post. :o

XXi
08-08-05, 04:57 AM
Downloading it and I`m so glad noticing the list of the mods you`ve included :)
Excellent work !
I`ll post in case I notice any bug whatsoever but it sholud be OK, I think.

Lanzfeld
08-08-05, 08:24 AM
I have been gone for awile but I was wondering if RUB 1.43 includes the work on increasing visibility?

Lanzfeld
08-08-05, 08:32 AM
I guess what I am trying to say is:

Can we add the mod of greater vis to RUB 1.43 or does it mess something up?

Beery
08-08-05, 08:50 AM
I guess what I am trying to say is:

Can we add the mod of greater vis to RUB 1.43 or does it mess something up?

Manuel Ortega (who made the visibility mod) is really the fellow to ask. There are definitely files that will conflict, as they're based on the standard game. What we need is a visibility mod that's configured for RUb. I'll get to it eventually, but I'm waiting until the visibility mod is fully completed before I start configuring it to suit RUb.

If someone else would be willing to do that configuration job in the meantime, I would become their best friend. :yep:

vois2
08-08-05, 01:50 PM
There's something fairly important (IMHO) regarding RuB 1.43 discovered by forum user Unhealthy, contained in the thread started by him and titled "Question about map contacts with RUB 1.43". [08 August] (No, it's not the usual question about RuB plotting modifications.)

In RuB 1.43, the contact marker graphic for single ship contacts has either been reduced to a single pixel or is missing altogether .. could this be an ATI issue? Please reply in that thread. Thanks!

XXi
08-08-05, 02:17 PM
NO more problem with reloading a career - I managed to reload a save game while on patrol and there were no problems. In prior versions every attempt resulted in game crash. So far excellent.

Apart from that I managed on a moonless night I managed to get quite close to a destroyer - distance was about 800 m and I was still surfaced - without beeing noticed.
Nice :)

Gammel
08-08-05, 04:07 PM
Exellent work on the damage model and the surface ship guns! :up:
I was killed with the third salvo from a DD in my type IIa. Nice, lol!
First was a miss, second hit me and caused bad damage (several systems destroyed, casualties) third took out the sub. Range was around 3000 meters.
Haha i wanna see the guys now taking on a DD with the deckgun.
A great step to more realism!
Isn´t it possible to mod away the death trigger for hull integrity or make it not go down further than 1%? You´d sit there in a wreck after a few hits and maybe die by flooding or perhaps there is a trigger that ends the game when all of your crew have died...

But i asked for this before...

CCIP
08-08-05, 04:14 PM
Ah, yea, the hull integrity issue...

I'll look for it, but I think it's kinda abstract and possibly tied to the sub's total health. I hadn't actually found any values for hull integrity in the files.

I'd love to get a slower death sequence, but I'm not too sure how to do it. That'd take a lot more experiments.

But yea - crash-dive when you see DD's now!

You were kinda unlucky there though. I mean, I've rarely have DD's hit me (even in a Type IX) even after 5-6 salvos. I guess that's just how it is with luck on the high seas....

Gammel
08-08-05, 05:23 PM
I'd love to get a slower death sequence, but I'm not too sure how to do it. That'd take a lot more experiments.

metoometoometoo!!! I wan´t to lay on the ocean button, half of the sub floaded (away with that 1 compartment flooded=death trigger) lol
and not able to surface anymore ==>death by co².

Ok, i need help i know...
But the game´s ending is soo poor...

It must be possible somehow.
The game Should end when the last crew member is death, not sooner. (theres no abadon ship otion, so this is the only way).
Perhaps there´s just a kind of switch or "if-then" variable in some file, like

"if hull-intergity <1 then display that ****ty gameover" :-j