PDA

View Full Version : How Can I change my profile's name?

DjDanyo
08-02-05, 02:56 PM
Now I succeded my 6th "drive" (don' know the correct translation) with the result of about 139 thousand tonnage. Then I compared myself with the other's captains, and notices something terrible. I just wrote my first name there, which sounds so unrealistic and destroyed the whole atmosphere for a moment. But then I remembered that I am playing silent hunter3, and was sure that there is a function too change my profile's name, but I never found it. I don't wanna start all over again, don't sure if I would see again that many huge ships and all that luck which encountered my hounarable crew and me, but what should everyone and especially the enemy think of me? Leutnant Daniel :-j I need to add my last name, thats all. Maybe anyone knows an ini or cfg file in which I can change this speicifc data. And plz don't comment my thinking, I am playing subsims not only bc I wanna dive in the depth, but bc I wanna dive into it's atmosphere!
Thx a lot!

Wolfram
08-02-05, 03:37 PM
hello DjDanyo try the SH3 Commander download - I know you can change crewman names - but not sure about captain, maybe worth a try.

I just try the program last night (I live in western USA) and will look again in about three hours after I get back home to play...

BTW your translation of drive is ok I know you mean "patrol" :D

Betting it a way (possible) with it (program) if you can wait or you can try the download for yourself here at:

http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches.html

should be very first one on the list SH3 Commander v1.43

G/L

:arrgh!:

Wolfram
08-02-05, 06:25 PM
Hi DjDanyo,

I just got home and fired up the PC....

Tried to mod of Kaleun Name with the suggested SH3 Commander program/mod. :(

Sorry no luck - so maybe someone else can direct you on this possible change.

Only advice is you post this message of yours in the SH3 Mods Workshop section of SH3 forums here:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=41&sid=0008266185637c3db3caaf2b14e4c1e9

G/L

:arrgh!:

DreamWizard
08-02-05, 06:56 PM
To answer your question DjDanyo:

In SHIII start a new career with the new name you want to play with. Exit SHIII and open windows explorer and navigate to
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\
you will see folders with your old name and new name, delete all the files in your "NEW CAREER" folder and copy all of the files from your old career folder and put them in your new career folder.

Restart SHIII and select your new career name and play. You can delete your old career any time after you verify the new career has the old saves and works ok.

DjDanyo
08-03-05, 09:35 AM
Thx a lot you too. The last suggestion worked fine, and the sh3 commander is a nice tool too! Thx ;)