PDA

View Full Version : Training

Jester107th
07-31-05, 12:06 PM
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone interested in doing a training mission sometime. I've been reading the book and getting better but am still having difficulty picking up enemy contacts and classifying them.

Maybe we could get online and do a sub -vs- FFG just to help me with my game here.

Heheh...this is a bit more advanced than the ol' Fleet Command days. ;)

send me an e-mail if interested. nowakjames@yahoo.com

Stealth Elephant
08-04-05, 08:41 AM
Yeah, a couple of training missions would be much appreciated by me, too.

The closest user-made mission I've seen to a full-blown training exercise is "We Sail At Dawn" (or something similar), in which your 688 is tasked with routine duties leading out of port that, I believe, eventually lead to unexpected enemy encounters.

UglyMowgli
08-04-05, 08:53 AM
You can try MP4 blocus of Brest by Oko, is a simple but good mission.

OKO
08-04-05, 11:19 AM
take a french, trying to translate in english the name of a mission he played with a french name, but now renommed in english.
shake a little
and laught :lol:
But I think it's only a personnal joke ... sorry

the real name in english is MP4 BREST blocus
=> http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41038

Stealth Elephant
08-04-05, 12:16 PM
take a french, trying to translate in english the name of a mission he played with a french name, but now renommed in english.
shake a little
and laught :lol:
But I think it's only a personnal joke ... sorry

the real name in english is MP4 BREST blocus
=> http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41038

What in the HELL did I just read?

Kapitan
08-04-05, 01:00 PM
first of all what submarine or ship do you command ?

Stealth Elephant
08-04-05, 03:46 PM

I generally prefer the Russian boats. Akula-I Improved is my favorite right now, as I tend to have more success here. I really have a strong dislike for the Seawolf (as others have stated before, it feels too much like a sci-fi movie).

Kapitan
08-04-05, 04:04 PM
ruskie good

Rip
08-04-05, 05:11 PM
I would suggest a little multi-station. Which I am always up for. It is a lot easier to learn sonar and classification, or even TMA when that is all you have to worry about. I is also much easier to get good at commanding a sub when you have some pros working the other stations.

Never seems to be many multistation games. The mission options get much better. I wish I could put together a group to do one of the long missions multi-station everyone on the same platform. that would be a blast.

PeriscopeDepth
08-04-05, 05:15 PM
I would suggest a little multi-station. Which I am always up for. It is a lot easier to learn sonar and classification, or even TMA when that is all you have to worry about. I is also much easier to get good at commanding a sub when you have some pros working the other stations.

Never seems to be many multistation games. The mission options get much better. I wish I could put together a group to do one of the long missions multi-station everyone on the same platform. that would be a blast.

Yes it would. I have always been put off by the deathmatch style multiplays.

Jester107th
08-04-05, 08:09 PM

Well, I've been trying them all. But am a bit confused on the detection process. Here's what I have seen:

Orginally, I would be in say in an OHP FFG and be sailing around on the briny sea :arrgh!: ... sooner or later I would get some contacts here and there. Fine and dandy...then more ... more...til it looked like there was a group of six or so ships sailing next to or very close to each other. :shifty: Certainly, the captains wouldn't be that nuts.... so I am presuming each sound/radar contact I was picking up was showing up as a vessel on the surface. E-Gads! :damn:

So...I read the manual some...read about this filter called "Show Truth" ...VOILA! Al the contacts cleared up to show just what actual ships were there.

The problem was....with Show Truth being ON, when I start a mission, I see exactly what vessel is where and how P.O.'d they are at my country....(i.e. Friend or Foe). OK ... so I'm all for a little help, but this is way to much help as I have this magic eye in the sky persay. To me, that feels like cheating so I don't want to use that. :down:

Is there a happy medium??

Going back in with Show Truth OFF, I sail into a foreign place just for kicks (this time in a Kilo going into a Russian port who don't like me very well). I can see the ships through the scope but I'll be darned if my crew can report on the map just what the heck those floaty thingies are up there. Schmucks! Perhaps they just can't read the Chinese gauges... :hmm: Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I surface....right in the middle of their port mind you, surely the lookouts can tell me now! (I know what they are but am testing the crew, you see...) Nope still report unknown contact ahead.

That's when I tossed the crew overboard and went ashore to get drunk.
:gulp:

Kapitan
08-04-05, 08:18 PM
i can only train you in akula i am the commander of gepard as for the frigate well if i were in command it be like taking charge of the titanic i am useless at the FFG however the sonar in the akula is a lot easier to master than the sea wolf or the 688

if you say to me i command akula also i can help with you learning tactics and a few rules of being in command of this type of submarine unfortunatly i cannot go online because of my router so i can only teach the paper work so to speak

cheers