PDA

View Full Version : SH2 and DC owners should've got a discount for SHIII....

motsivad
07-31-05, 07:48 AM
who agrees with me.

The more i look back on SH2 and DC the more annoyed i feel about the whole thing. In essence we were sold 2 games that were far from complete and had its bigget premise (inter-op multiplayer) pulled.

The only reason I played SH2 as long as i did was because of the fantastic efforts of modders and fellow subsimmers to tweak the game. :up:

I'm so pleased UBI and co got it right with SHIII, but to be fair we were ripped off with SH2 and DC. I think it would've been nice if we could have had discount. Oh well

Floater
07-31-05, 07:52 AM
I have SH2 and DC, and was happy to pay full price for SH3.

Egan
07-31-05, 07:55 AM
Well, I really enjoyed Sh2 and DC. neither of them were brilliantly put together but both were great fun, particulary DC.

Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense
07-31-05, 08:00 AM
we did get a discount... check the msrp for each of those... SH3 was at least $10 cheaper, and in some cases a lot more...

... better than a rebate in the mail :yep:

--Mike

Seminole
07-31-05, 08:26 AM
who agrees with me.

Certainly not me.

SHII was a misery from the moment it was decided not to have a dynamic campaign and DC seemed a marketing scam to fool the subsimming community into buying one sim for the price of two.... also playing on the desire for a multiplayer capability....which as far as I know never really amounted to very much. SHII's biggest entertainment value was in reading the posts of those that for some reason thought they had to defend SHII ...kind of like a parent taking up for their backward child. It was quite amazing really.

The only reason I ever played SHII at all was someone gave me a copy because he was as disappointed in it as I knew I would be. SHII was modded heavily in a desperate attempt to make it into something at least acceptable. For me it never made it. SHIII is being heavily modded only to enhance an already good sim. A big difference.

Certainly and beyond all doubt SHIII for me has more than made amends for SHII and DC and would be a bargain at 3 times the price...IMHO.

big_feef
07-31-05, 12:23 PM
SH3 is the first sub-sim I got, and I got it for about $16 brand new from Office Depot here in Mexico. I was planning to get it when I got back to the US in August, but saw it in the 'bargain games' section there and almost didn't get it because I thought it was a mistake. Double checked and the price tag was indeed $199 pesos (about $16 US). Went to Cuba for a month and came back, still at $199 pesos; so I scored another copy. :rock:

Letum
07-31-05, 02:30 PM
A discount on £15 INC. p&p ????
WHY?!