PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the multiplayer station mode?

Kaptain Lord Aaron
07-30-05, 11:51 AM
Do you use it?
Just want to know if people :P like to play as their own ship :rock: or mulit stationed :hmm:

Fish
07-30-05, 12:13 PM
I see dozen's of reports weekly, multistation reports are rare. very rare.

Kapitan
07-30-05, 12:25 PM
cant use it cant connect to it totaly useless to me :(

Beer
07-30-05, 12:53 PM
I enjoy Multistation frequently with the P-3 online, trouble is finding people that want to learn the different stations...

XabbaRus
07-30-05, 02:30 PM
I think the trouble with Multi station MP is that a lot of people are maybe a bit nervous of relinquishing control

I think there should be a big push for MP and HyperLobby...

Kapitan
07-30-05, 02:32 PM
but some who want to play cant and theres nothing we can do so what now ?

Caseck
07-30-05, 08:55 PM
I think multistation mode is great. But it seems to be a bandwidth hog, which is strange!

I think the reason people use it less, is because it seems to get flakier with more people online.

You'd think that having 2 boats with 4 people apiece would be less bandwidth than 4 boats, but it isn't true.

That has been my frustration. Multiplayer stability seems to suffer with more people in multistation. Other than that, I love it. One great option would be the ability for the "Captain" or "highest ranking" guy connected to be able to reassign stations on the fly, so when someone gets dropped, it can all be reassigned.

Of course, being able to reconnect would be great too. A "TIME-OUT!" option.

OneShot
07-31-05, 03:48 AM
At least 50% of my MP time I played MultiStation, and I really like it. However there are some drawbacks to it. While I haven't noticed any Lag problems there are two real problems. First, if someone drops involuntarily out of whatever reason the station he played goes bye bye and unless he had it on AC its useless. You can live with that if it was something like sensors when you have Pilot/TACCO on the P-3 for example and at least another player on your side in the game who can help on the detection side. But it really sucks if the other player is in control, because that means for you that you can either sit and watch or leave yourself.

The second problem is when people start up a MP/MS game and say 30 or 45 in game find out that they have to leave, fortunatly I could convince those (when that occured) to leave their PCs running and turn on AC in their stations, that however is just a workaround. So I really would appreciate if stations could be reassigned on the fly.

Soulchaser
07-31-05, 05:52 AM
multistation is graet on a FFG up to 3 or 4 players.
also good on a P3 with 2 Players.

on the seahawk... boring.
on a sub...forget it...unless one of the player is doing TMA and just TMA. nothing else.

and yes, there should be LOTS more multiplayer and HL usage.

Nexus7
07-31-05, 07:07 AM
I played multistation is sub vs sub scenarios two times. Didnt notice lag and it was great fun :up:

For example you can have someone focus on TMA...

I am of the opinion that multistation increases the boat efficency...

MaHuJa
08-09-05, 04:13 PM
I think multistation mode is great. But it seems to be a bandwidth hog, which is strange!

I think the reason people use it less, is because it seems to get flakier with more people online.

You'd think that having 2 boats with 4 people apiece would be less bandwidth than 4 boats, but it isn't true.

Except now there is new things that need to be transferred, such as contact information (including solutions), bearing lines (consider a sensor used by a different player than the one having TMA) and various extra information that in one-player-per-platform mode is contained on one computer.

That has been my frustration. Multiplayer stability seems to suffer with more people in multistation. Other than that, I love it. One great option would be the ability for the "Captain" or "highest ranking" guy connected to be able to reassign stations on the fly, so when someone gets dropped, it can all be reassigned.

Of course, being able to reconnect would be great too. A "TIME-OUT!" option.

With some of the stations, this will at the very least force a "reset" of all data (sonar histories would be gone etc) but it would indeed be better this way than the current station no longer available.

SubMonkey
08-14-05, 08:06 PM
I haven't played multi-station online, but I love playing it via LAN. I hope it is a feature that is kept in future release by Sonalysts. I do think though that in the future stations should be able to be re-routed by the host if somebody drops out. I can see how that doesn't work too well for online gaming.

:ping:

OKO
08-15-05, 11:19 AM
on a sub...forget it...unless one of the player is doing TMA and just TMA. nothing else.

You must be joking ... or talking about something you just unaware of ...
2 in a sub is one of the BEST experience you could have with DW ...

one on =>
- ship control
- periscope
- Radio/ESM
- fire control

other on =>
- sonar suite
- radar
- TMA
- Sail bridge

this repartition give you the more efficient sub you ever saw.
one (the commander) take the lead of the ship, and fire at contact.
The other, pick up contact, analyse them and give them to the commander.

With the fregate, subs are the best plateform to share.
it's not to give TMA only to one man, I think you really don't get it ...
certainly because you never tried it ....