PDA

View Full Version : Alarm bell

P_Funk
07-29-05, 02:29 AM
I have recently watched "Das Boot" during the History channel's Sub Week and noticed that when a ship was spotted instead of calling "ship spotted" (as is in SH3) they yelled "Alarm!" and everything went to **** as men ran about with this loud roise ringing. I was just wondering why this wasn't included in the game and also if anyone is making a mod to change this or would be willing to do so.

Gammel
07-29-05, 04:47 AM
there is a new soundfile included in the RealUboat mod
for the crashdive sequence (pressing "C"). It´s taken from the movie"Das Boot".
I think it´s possible to replace the "ship spotted" sound
path: \SilentHunterIII\data\Sound\Speech_En\1-9\WaO_S_Ship_spotted.ogg
with that sound.
Unforunately the game plays the same sound if your watch spotting a vessel in hostile waters or in your own harbour. You would not like to hear that sound played when your watch is spotting the freighter docked peacefully next to you in your home port. :P aalaaaarm...crashdive...lol
For me it´s fine like it is now with realuboat-mod installed to hear that sound after pressing "C" when i feel that my sub is in need for crashdive (Aircraft spotted, destroyer too close to sub ;) in heavy fog or deep night etc).
If you don´t like to install the real-uboat mod PM me your email, i´ll send it to you. It´s a small file.
Please excuse my horrible english. ;)

macstu23
07-30-05, 02:29 AM
Keep in mind that if you use the Das Boot Crash dive officer speech sound 'ChE_P_Crash_dive.ogg' from RealUboat, you'll also have to replace the 'Submarine bell.wav', or it can sound messy...you may also have to replace 'dive sequence.wav' as well, but try it first and see.

Sailor Steves sound mod is also good for the Crash Dive sequence.

P_Funk
07-31-05, 02:32 AM
Thanks guys.