PDA

View Full Version : Status of RUB 1.43??

Longstreet
07-26-05, 01:28 PM
What is the status of the new RUB 1.43? Are we getting real close to release? Just wondering and excited about this new version!! :D

Best to all,
Longstreet

CCIP
07-26-05, 01:59 PM
I've been playing (and constantly sending Beery updates/fixes for) the beta for a couple of weeks now. RUb is always thoroughly tested :)

I'm not actually sure of Beery's exact plan, but I think he's waiting for the final word on the inclusion of Operations beta. The last concrete date I've heard for release of both was this friday. Maybe sooner? I don't know, no need to rush :hmm:

Longstreet
07-26-05, 02:03 PM
Hi CCIP,

Okay -- sounds good. Thanks for letting me know where things stand.

Best regards,
Longstreet

bobo
07-26-05, 02:57 PM
Groovy news :|\
I'm lookin forward to it and have been refreshing the forum like a little kid asking "Are we there yet?" :-j hehehehe

baxter
07-26-05, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the update...I've been looking forward to it also. Its amazing how much RUb has added to this game for me. I would have been tired of the stock game by now if I didn't add RUb. And it keeps getting better!

Duli
07-26-05, 04:08 PM
Yeah, its a great mod, very realistic, just the way the game should be from the beggining. :) I cant wait for the release...

Skweetis
07-26-05, 04:27 PM
Awesome if its Friday.... Long weekend! woohoo!

The_Pharoah
07-26-05, 06:42 PM
just a question - will RuB 1.43 incorporate the improved convoys mod? I've just seen and d/l it (haven't tried it out yet) but it certainly looks good. Actually reducing the convoy sizes to match more reality is what is also missing from the game.

Anyway, I await with anticipation the release of RuB 1.43. :rock:

CCIP
07-26-05, 06:56 PM
Actually, it will include the first beta of Operations, which incorporates Improved Convoys. Operations is, in general, a big campaign-improvement project.

The only thing it doesn't seem it will include right now is Rubini's harbor traffic, BUT - that's until he merges it with Operations' scripted units layer. Which probably wouldn't take him long at all, should he decide to do it which I hope he will :)

terrapin
07-26-05, 06:57 PM
And from what I've seen you will be blown away by RuB OPS :up:

CCIP
07-26-05, 07:01 PM
Hehe, it's only the first stage. There's a lot of stuff that still has to be added to Ops, and obviously a few minor corrections.

RUb 1.43 in general though will be a bit of a transition I think (well, at least from my perspective of having re-worked almost the whole survivability system for it). Which is why I hope there's feedback on it. :)

I'll be sure to post some 'insider' RUb 1.43 survival tips the day it's out :up:

JBClark
07-26-05, 07:22 PM
Yeah,

No rush at all guys. I'm grateful for whatever doom and gloom you have in store for me.

JBC

v!por
07-26-05, 08:12 PM
CCIP:

You gents are incredibly talented... even witth the info u, Jugman and others provide about .... mod'en AI-Sensors... etc .. armed with a Hex editor ... I have no clue how and what to change :<)

Any chance u gents can release a mod to change:

Ai visual max distances?
accurate max distances for radar warning systems....
availability of snorkel for the VIIC etc..
surface area of snorkel.... for radar detection???

I know... it is not easy... I have no clue as to what is involved... but you gents have the talent to do it...:<)

I just picked up a copy of Sub Command at EB for $6.99 ... sweet... I think I can get a copy of DWs at EB as well.....

Thanks again for your dedication......

CCIP
07-26-05, 08:52 PM
CCIP:

Ai visual max distances?
accurate max distances for radar warning systems....
availability of snorkel for the VIIC etc..
surface area of snorkel.... for radar detection???

Not really sure on all the things you meant, but...

max visual distance for the crew has already been increased, though it's only noticable in situations without any fog.

RWR - I haven't yet looked over these. I find them generally functional in the game, but when some of the issues and inaccuracies on these are confirmed better, I'll have them fixed up.

Snorkel? I thought it was available a little early... (never actually played the game with a snorkel though)

Surface area - that's being looked into by Jungman. Right now I've included the tentative minimum height fix to prevent radar from spotting snorkels easily.

The_Pharoah
07-26-05, 10:26 PM
Actually, it will include the first beta of Operations, which incorporates Improved Convoys. Operations is, in general, a big campaign-improvement project.

The only thing it doesn't seem it will include right now is Rubini's harbor traffic, BUT - that's until he merges it with Operations' scripted units layer. Which probably wouldn't take him long at all, should he decide to do it which I hope he will :)

Cheers mate, thats good news! The only mods I'm actually using are RuB and now Operations. If RuB has Ops included in it, thats going to be AWESOME :rock:

Anyway, I'm sure you guys know how appreciative the SHIII community is of the work y'all doin. If you don't, let me know and we'll shower you with appreciation which you thoroughly deserve.

I know Beery may not be into this but is there any possibility that you guys may know of perhaps modding control of say a corvette or destroyer? that would certainly rock!

sdcruz
07-26-05, 11:49 PM
wonder if Berry would like to include my more realistic aircraft speed mod - at sea level speeds - it should be ready (beta) by weekend.

Regards
Shelton.

Beery
07-27-05, 12:39 AM
As for aircraft speeds, the folks to speak to are the guys working on the Ops mod. Aircraft speeds will undoubtedly impact the Airpower mod, which is part of Ops.

Regarding the overall timeline for RUb, it's very unlikely indeed that RUb 1.43 will be released this weekend. I'm confident that it will be ready for the weekend of the 6th/7th of August.

SH3 Commander 1.43 will most likely be out before RUb 1.43 - possibly by this weekend or by the middle of next week.

Both of these promise to be big releases with significant changes. Among other things, IC will be included in RUb, whether with Ops or not (but I'm confident it will include Ops), and there are significant changes in SH3 Commander - more flexibility, more features, more mods included in it, and I'm confident that it will work even more intuitively to automatically set up the player's campaigns in SH3. But we'll have to see how these things all pan out.

One thing is for sure - I'm winding down my involvement in modding SH3. I plan to get this next release working perfectly, and then I will be hoping to pretty much stop all my large scale work on modding this game. I'll still be around, perhaps working on lesser (or more esoteric) mods, but I'm hoping that I can solve any outstanding issues with RUb 1.43 and issue a 1.5 mod that will be my final major contribution. That's my plan anyway.

CCIP
07-27-05, 12:48 AM
One thing is for sure - I'm winding down my involvement in modding SH3. I plan to get this next release working perfectly, and then I will be hoping to pretty much stop all my large scale work on modding this game. I'll still be around, perhaps working on lesser (or more esoteric) mods, but I'm hoping that I can solve any outstanding issues with RUb 1.43 and issue a 1.5 mod that will be my final major contribution. That's my plan anyway.

Sounds like a plan, and much thanks for the work so far. I do think you've really done enough to warrant a stable RUb version very soon. You don't have to worry about my recent areas of work for the benefit of RUb - I'll be watching for feedback and possible fixes on these myself.

In any case, even if there's plenty of enthusisasts to continue the work on hand, I think your contribution to all this is a huge one and will definitely serve well for quite some time to come :up:

Oesten
07-27-05, 02:22 AM
Thanks for all your hard work, Beery and others, on the RUB mod.

The highest accolade I can give you is that I think the RUB mod is a big part of the reason why Ubi have stopped making patches for SHIII - because your improvements are better than anything they can do themselves.

The_Pharoah
07-27-05, 02:23 AM
Sounds like a plan, and much thanks for the work so far. I do think you've really done enough to warrant a stable RUb version very soon. You don't have to worry about my recent areas of work for the benefit of RUb - I'll be watching for feedback and possible fixes on these myself.

In any case, even if there's plenty of enthusisasts to continue the work on hand, I think your contribution to all this is a huge one and will definitely serve well for quite some time to come :up:

Here here!

Thanks for all the hard work - its REALLY made a difference to the SHIII community. I can't tell you how much more enjoyment I personally get out of playing with RuB rather than vanilla. Hopefully you'll still have some sort of input going forward into SHIII and beyond.

To coin my own phrase - you are to SHIII what Forgetten Hope was to BF1942, if that makes any sense. :D

Anyway, dude you rock! :rock:

Uber Gruber
07-27-05, 07:06 AM
Can you let us know what else you're working on cos if you're working on it then its gotta be worth playing it :-)

Cheers, and thanks for all the fish.

Lanzfeld
07-27-05, 07:50 AM
I wonder if it will include longer visibility if they fix it in time. :huh:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39588&start=175

Egan
07-27-05, 11:48 AM
As for aircraft speeds, the folks to speak to are the guys working on the Ops mod. Aircraft speeds will undoubtedly impact the Airpower mod, which is part of Ops.

Not in this version anyway, I'm afraid. The air stuff is working pretty well just now and I really don't want to mess with it at the moment.

The Ops mod should definatly be in the next RUB.

baxter
07-27-05, 07:23 PM
Beery, your plan sounds like a good one. Thanks for the outstanding contribution you have made to this game and this community. Looking forward to the new RUb and SHIII Commander releases...