PDA

View Full Version : Gramophone Problem

Gunfighter34
07-25-05, 06:33 PM
Ok, I've downloaded a ton of WWII-era music for the gramophone but I'm having a problem: songs will play part way through and then skip to the next song. I checked the FAQ and it says all the .mp3 files have to have a "constant bitrate" to work properly. Is there a particular bitrate they have to be at? All 128 kbps or 64 kpbs, for example? Or does it matter at all as long as they are all the same?

Alyebard
07-26-05, 01:57 AM
try to transform yours mp3 to ogg files, I did and never has a skip anymore.

macstu23
07-26-05, 10:20 AM
try to transform yours mp3 to ogg files, I did and never has a skip anymore.

Yep...I've tried a few audio converters, all freeware trial versions, and found 'Ease Audio Converter' to be about the best ; http://www.soft32.com/download_15987.html

Gunfighter34
07-26-05, 02:18 PM
Thanks fellas, downloading the converter right now and will give it a shot!

DreamWizard
07-26-05, 02:33 PM
I have also found that the lower bit rate audio files work better with the game and won't tax your system as much when the frame rates chugg. I converted all my 128 kbps to 64 kpbs and in the gramaphone there isn't any knowticable difference in sound quality but there was a big difference in how smoothly the game played during stressfull moments. The stock in game background sound track is 128kbps, dropping it down to 64 smoothed the game out when those huge convoys come along. Most all of the games speach files are 64 also.

For my taste the gramaphone shouldn't sound like a modern stereo.