PDA

View Full Version : CTD problem

Woof1701
07-24-05, 09:47 AM
Hi folks,

Got a "little" problem. After installing Rubinis new Traffic Mod with AI uboats, and Jasons Improved Convoy Mod, and then (of course) starting a new patrol I found that I can no longer start saved games.

After first installing the two new mods, I started a new patrol and sailed to Gibraltar, sank one ship and saved the game, since I had to leave. A few hours later I came back and tried to load the saved game, and the game came as far as the "Initializing" aka "Gute Jagd und fette Beute" screen, and then the screen went blank and the game shut down. So I started a new patrol and tried again. Got as far as Gibraltar again with two ships sunk near the channel and had to save again. Just tried to start that saved game and got the same result.

The only changes I made before the problem started was installing those two mods. Of course I had to deactivate and reactivate several other mods before, but that shouldn't be the problem. And of course I also didn't change anything while on patrol!

Any suggestions?

Woof1701
07-24-05, 03:30 PM
Forget it people. Since I knew no other way, I rolled back all mods, and reinstalled the whole stuff once again. Now it works. Although it annoys me that I don't know what went wrong I'm glad I can start saved games again. :)

Wulfmann
07-24-05, 07:42 PM
You might want to start a new career when adding a new RND.mis file.
After you have used Jason's new one you will not want the old so I suggest you start a new career and see how that goes.
I have no such problems.
But, since that is the mod that is better to start a new career with, just put that (with the needed files) in and run it before you add the other traffic and AI mods which do not matter career wise.
This is not always the case for the RND, but it is so extensive it might be in some eras, not sure.
I use a very heavy modded RND and duid a stock install on another computer. The difference is to much to believe. If I had to run stock I would uninstall the game. An improved RND makes that much difference
Wulfmann