PDA

View Full Version : Weather mod

Hellmasker
07-22-05, 11:02 PM
Weather has been really pissing me off. I haven't been able to use deck gun in ages and it's ridiculous when trying to aim torps. Is there anyway I can turn off the stormy weather or is there a mod that does that? Thanks

Venatore
07-22-05, 11:28 PM
Mate, Theres a mod some where in here that lets you use you deck & flack guns during rougher seas.

Venatore :smug:

snowsub
07-24-05, 05:37 AM
About the weather patterns specifically.

Wouldn't it be good to have the engine treaked so weather patterns are geo-graphically reasonable?

Basically what I'm saying is that it seems to be that the weather is to relient on randomness.
As in at the equator during winter you'd have Weeks of No rain, and summer very frequent (monsoons).
Bit far away from the Atlantic here, but I remember back in the early 90's were I was living (North Coast NSW - Aust) that we had a whole year with absolutely no rain.

Now I'm not advocating that, but it would be good to see during a caribeen patrol to have at least 2-3 week with No rain, regardless of whether the seas were rough or not.

Just some thoughts.

Egan
07-24-05, 06:02 AM
About the weather patterns specifically.

Wouldn't it be good to have the engine treaked so weather patterns are geo-graphically reasonable?

Basically what I'm saying is that it seems to be that the weather is to relient on randomness.
As in at the equator during winter you'd have Weeks of No rain, and summer very frequent (monsoons).
Bit far away from the Atlantic here, but I remember back in the early 90's were I was living (North Coast NSW - Aust) that we had a whole year with absolutely no rain.

Now I'm not advocating that, but it would be good to see during a caribeen patrol to have at least 2-3 week with No rain, regardless of whether the seas were rough or not.

Just some thoughts.

From what we can work out this is way beyond a tweek. We would have to actually write the code first because, it just does not seem to be there. Amazing isn't it? I still cannot beleive the weather is preuly random with no other consideration.

snowsub
07-24-05, 07:01 AM
Yeah, that's a bit of a bumber :down:

From my experience there is no difference in the weather between mid/north/south/equator weather patterns that are obviously different. As opposed to what you get in real life.

Well suppose we can only wait til SDK or some other code programs comes along.