PDA

View Full Version : TO: Jungman /Regarding FUMO 391 Radar for XXI

SeaSlug_U999
07-22-05, 08:13 AM
Hi.

Ive been triyng to fix the FUMO 391 for a month now. You mentioned in a previous post that 'the coordinates look wrong', and that it appears to float above the deck. Well I noticed that also, and since then I've been looking for ways to fix the 3D model. However, I couldn't figure out where these coordinates may be specified; (and also where are the coordinates for the snorkel, so I could fix this). So, my question is, did you figure this by just loking at the model in the game or have you actually figured out where the coordinates are in the sensors.dat file? If you did, ya da maaan! :rock: If not, please join the frustrated :damn:

I looked into the file myself, and figured the obvious min/max ranges, altitudes, etc. I cant figure out where are the location on sub coordinates, what scale are they in, etc... Also, the 3d model and texures for the radar could still be in the sensors.dat?

Oh, btw, I decreased the min height value of the radar I've got on my IXB (FUMO 61) to -12m so I could use it while at periscope depth. DIDN'T WORK! :damn: :damn: :damn: :hulk: :arrgh!: :down: :nope:

If you noticed, there's a 'sensor type' field there. I think it prevents the airborne sesors like the radar, to be used underwater. Besides, it would have been a s*h*i**y solution to the problem.

So, back to step 1. Wanna join forces? :up:

Jungman
07-24-05, 12:07 AM
That radar was just not finished. It looks like in a rough term wrong and slapped together. I do not know where the position data is located. Probably compressed in one of DAT files. Looking at the 3D in game model only.

Data/Submarine folder look in XXI inside its folder must be the model data, and good luck, it is compressed. Need an SDK or clever hex editing to change stuff.

I had not look into hardly at all. Busy with Snorkel problem.

You notice it will say radar destroyed....

Does the 391 'turn On' radar under sea? Can you get it installed by buying new as fully upgraded hack to avoid the 'radar destroyed' bug?

I think to get radar to work under water, you must also change the parent active sonar entry up at the start of the file. It sets the limits for all the following radar.

So if your specific radar 391 is set for -12m and the Parent (no name) Sonar file must be set also from zero to -12m for a guess.

SeaSlug_U999
07-25-05, 07:07 AM
Thanks a lot man