PDA

View Full Version : Sovetskaya Campaign Mission

elcid
07-21-05, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I was playing this mission last night, in 688 where I was supposed to attack the Russian Loyalist attack subs (Akula I Improved and Akula II). Imagine this.. all I had to do was make like a whole in the water and do absolutely nothing.

The AI rebels did the job for me. I got the "Mission Accomplished" message and was allowed to proceed with the next mission.

Am I good or what? literally didn't lift a finger hehehe

I hope this is a fluke .. has anyone else experienced this? should I put the manual down now? in the previous missions all I did was sneak in and take a whole bunch of pictures

elcid

SquidB
07-21-05, 07:07 PM
OK forgive my flippance.

Doesnt matter how much you play against the AI until you have played against a human, in MP you dont know what this game is capable of.

Im far from the best sub driver here. When i played the comp i was.. got to win every time.

Get on Hyperlobby. Go on all you. Its where you really learn how to play....
:sunny:

MaHuJa
07-21-05, 07:12 PM
That has actually happened to me too - and at least twice, at that. I don't remember the missions it happened in though.

SquidB
07-21-05, 07:19 PM
Yes you are good. youve done something that the majority of the population would balk at.

Youve commanded a sub in a sim situation against a questionable AI.

Dont get me wrong its not east.

Now think if every contact you got was controled by another human.

what then?

Come to hyperlobby thats where you find out how good you are :D

BTW if you ever come across me in MP be gentle.....im crap :down:

Kapitan
07-22-05, 01:36 AM
hmmm wait a minuet :hmm: just like saying at a poker table hi im from essex im crap at this game :D:D:D:D :rotfl:

hang on to your wallets boys :D:D:D:D:D:D

elcid
07-22-05, 06:49 PM
Just downloaded the HL client and got myself a new account. But let me practice first. I'm sure I won't get away with that type of "hands off" approach in MP hehehe Still reading the TACMAN and Landlubbers

I'm having DSL installed at home within the next week so I hope to catch you guys there...

I've been trying to get people here interested in SC or DW but no luck at all.. They like Fleet Command though.

XabbaRus
07-22-05, 07:30 PM
Well we need more people in HL, seems to have dropped off a bit.

I am thinking of seeing if people want to have weekly meets...no league stuff just turn up and play..

Stat keeping could be done but no fleet stuff, this would be for those not wating to do all the fleet stuff but want MP, of course anyone would be welcome.

Bellman
07-23-05, 01:17 AM
SC MP experience:-

1. Difficult to assemble multi players with differing timezones so list the players ,for example, in Euroland. Agree time slots.
2. Borrow the principle of having a referee/umpire like the NCHQ BR. Without that discipline you have frustration/dispute.
3. Agree an approved/accepted list of 'mods'

For me, when I can return to MP, NCHQ provides a desirable framework which can be both formal and structured
in Stat matches or more free form in general play.

Although nominaly a fleet it carries few of the 'Service' characteristics. But in general play
it will be reassuring to dive with others who can and will ensure basic fair play standards are
maintained for the benefit of all.

Futhermore NCHQ avoids the pitfall of some fleets in rewarding divers by promotions on a score system.
One has to ask why there is such an astronomic wasteage among players in other fleets.

NCHQ is populated by players who have a single motivation - that the game is played well, fairly and enjoyably.

Why not give them a look ? :|\