PDA

View Full Version : Stock 688 Campaign: Missile Test problem

kschang
07-16-05, 12:15 PM
I am having a hard time with this mission getting the full complete score.

I have no problem locating the Udaloy (it's pinging like crazy), or the Akula, and were able to avoid both. Heck, I even went FLANK SPEED at the beginning and that Akula didn't react at all. Was at periscope depth LONG before 11:26. So was I done? Nope.

"Escape detection: Incomplete". Huh? No one got a solid ping on me or followed me. Was I supposed to have escaped off to south by 10 miles or something?

"Photo Missile Test: Incomplete" Huh? I got photo of the launch. I got the missile trail leaving the Udaloy. Heck, I even heard the explosion and watched the A300 hit the water. What do ya mean "incomplete"? What was I supposed to have photo'ed?

Argh!

sonar732
07-16-05, 02:14 PM
"Escape detection: Incomplete". Huh? No one got a solid ping on me or followed me. Was I supposed to have escaped off to south by 10 miles or something?

You don't have to be detected by active...there is passive detection and probably happened when you went flank speed. :damn:

"Photo Missile Test: Incomplete" Huh? I got photo of the launch. I got the missile trail leaving the Udaloy. Heck, I even heard the explosion and watched the A300 hit the water. What do ya mean "incomplete"? What was I supposed to have photo'ed?

Argh!

This is a known issue in Sub Command. I can't remember it right now, but there is a solution. Just do a search within the Sub Command forum for the fix.

MarkShot
07-17-05, 02:23 PM
Did you ever find an answer to this? I cannot seem to accomplish this mission. I have reviewed the goals in the mission editor and do not see what I am doing wrong. A search of the forum did not produce any answers either.

Thanks.

Dakar23
07-18-05, 12:07 AM
Yeah, what he said :D I'd like to finish this mission to continue my campaign. Help?

Oh, and can my peri be picked up on radar? Or be seen by the enemy?

kschang
07-18-05, 02:05 AM

From what I understand, the answer is YES, periscope CAN be spotted on radar if you're close enough, and it DOES leave a wake on the surface while it's extended.

sonar732
07-18-05, 08:56 AM
If I remember right, the SCX fixed this issue. I don't have SCX mod myself.

MarkShot
07-18-05, 10:36 AM
I actually have SCX installed separately (another copy). However, I was playing the campaign under SC 1.08, since I thought that the campaign was probably designed/balanced for the stock game and not SCXIIc.

Dakar23
07-18-05, 11:24 AM

From what I understand, the answer is YES, periscope CAN be spotted on radar if you're close enough, and it DOES leave a wake on the surface while it's extended.

Only if you're moving does it leave a wake. THe ability to move ina soley vertical direction on this game is awesome for periscope use :D

MarkShot
07-18-05, 12:36 PM
I decided to put "debug" (report statements) in all the goals to see what is going on. My suspicion is that the airbus is never actually getting killed. Or perhaps, I am being detected. But, then, I'll at least know how and why.

BlackPanther
07-23-05, 08:54 AM
This is a known issue in Sub Command. I can't remember it right now, but there is a solution. Just do a search within the Sub Command forum for the fix.
Hi,

I did a search, no results. How can this problem be fixed?
Thank You for advice.

Regards,
BlackPanther

MarkShot
07-23-05, 09:43 AM
Well, I actually ran my debugging version of the mission playing as Seawolf. However, I suceeded that run through. Perhaps, I was approaching too close on prior attempts.

The "readme" for the patches say that the scenario was fixed as v1.05.

Dakar23
08-07-05, 10:34 PM
Any good updates on this fix? My campaign is stalled till I figure this out

Dakar23
11-20-05, 04:06 AM
Campaign still on hold.

ausraider
06-08-07, 03:18 PM
thank God!...somebody else has this problem.

I'm new here, and although I left off SC about 2 years ago because of this particular mission - as a SHIII current - I'm keen to get back into it but....
that damn Udaloy!

Don't know much about SCX, SCXII or any of that....does it help fix this problem?
Any links?

Also , float or flank , it shouldn't matter - because the mission brief states that the Udaloy will delay the test - if a foreign vessel is detected in the area.
So if you get up close enough to see the firing - You could NOT have been detected!
I Marked and photographed (Like a lunatic) at least 2 firings from the Udaloy, trails and all.
Heard the Airbus go off and hit the water!

Still the sim doesn't recognise this.

It put me off to be honest.
The Sim seems huge, but the manual is a bit theoretical and blazze for a sim such as SC.
They should have included explanations as to how the sim functions computationally IMO...or given clearer parameters for specific events.

Using Ver. 108

I'm kinda depressed about it as it seems a great sim, great scenarios and all, unlike the point and shoot of other sub sims.
But this fear of bugs ala the Udaloy has really but me off.

Any pointers greatly appriciated.

ausraider.

PS:
Any rumors about a new 3rd gen nuke-sub sim in the future?

System.
P4
512MB
nVidia Turbo 6200
SB Live and P4 onboard.

ausraider
06-10-07, 01:01 PM
Well, I actually ran my debugging version of the mission playing as Seawolf. However, I suceeded that run through. Perhaps, I was approaching too close on prior attempts.

The "readme" for the patches say that the scenario was fixed as v1.05.

BTW,
I also am running this in the Seawolf - not the 688I.

Markshot, I got it once also - but have no idea how I managed to complete it.
I'm not sure if it was because:

1) I detected the Victor III.
2) I was pre-detected by the previous mission and therefore had to start the ingress from a further distance off - or both.
3) I was running the mission in SC before the upgrade to ver. 108.
4) I 'ESM-ed'...the Airbus.
5) I was too close to the Udaloy - even when firing.
6) I had also approached the Neustrashimyy to within 3 Nu. under the pretext of collecting data.
7) It was the first time I played the mission in the sim - which doesn't make alot of programming sense I know.

ausraider.

ausraider
06-10-07, 01:06 PM
Also,

I am now running SC with the SCU upgrade from Subguru.com - the total install pack - and there is still no change to this particular mission state.

ausraider.

Juste_Milieu
03-14-10, 10:58 AM
Bump.

Just recently started playing this and I'm having the same problem, I've even been toying with this in the mission editor and have so far been unable to complete the Observe Missile Test requirement no matter how I fiddle with it. Playing on the Naval Warfare pack version on XP.

One thing I have noticed is that the Udaloy fires on the Airbus when it is out of range of the SAM so the first missle almost never hits, so I am wondering if this has something to do with it.

Surely there is someone who knows what the problem is with this after so long?!

Juste_Milieu
03-15-10, 10:11 PM
OK, I figured this out - you have to have Doctrine Language enabled in order to identify the problem but it comes down to this:

If you look at this mission in the mission editor then you will see that goals 13 and 14 are the ones relating to Observing the Missile Test. The end time for goal 14 (which is the easier mission if you weren't detected during the egress) is 11:30. If you look at the doctrine language for this mission it says that goal 14 can only be completed when both goals 5 and 15 have already been completed AND 2 minutes has passed since goal 15 was completed.

If the first missile the Udaloy fires does not hit the A300 then by the time the 2 minutes has passed since the Airbus was killed by a second missile the time has gone beyond 11:30 and the goal can't be completed.

So, change the end time to 11:32 or later and the mission completes. The same thing is probably true of goal 13 in this mission for the Seawolf and the equivalent mission goals in the 688i campaign.

Problem solved, the mission will now be completed successfully when you play the campaign.

DarthVrooks
03-31-10, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the fix info Juste_Milieu, I just started playing this game and had the same problem and it was driving me nuts.