PDA

View Full Version : Another bug for SUBROCs?

Orm
07-15-05, 01:55 PM
This is a part of a diving report from last night:

...when launching my last subrocs with a run to enable of 1 nm, they just kept flying until they run out of fuel. One even went straight to the sea, not releasing its torp.

This happened to my last 4 subrocs in a combat dive, launched from 150 feet/depth. They just ran straight, except for one going to the sea floor. Not one released its torp. Possible bug? :-?

NefariousKoel
07-15-05, 02:29 PM
I'm wondering if it did that because it was under it's minimum range?

JoGary(sco)
07-15-05, 02:49 PM
I had this bug to, dont know what causes it as i only had it happen once, i thought it was becouse i had set it to 1nm as you did but i have done that since with no problems.

Orm
07-15-05, 03:33 PM
JoGary quoted

I had this bug to, dont know what causes it as i only had it happen once, i thought it was becouse i had set it to 1nm as you did but i have done that since with no problems.

Same for me. It was the first time. never happened before, even at minimun range. Don't know what is exactly the problem. :hmm:

Amizaur
07-15-05, 06:07 PM
Simply don't use SUBROCs at such close range. Nobody in real life would set it to 1nm!! And I'm almost sure that in real life their minimum range is much greater. The SUBROC minimum range in database have to be set correctly for SS-N-27 ASW and Starfish. They have zero now. For Stallion minimum is set to 5nm and it's OK.