PDA

View Full Version : Anyone working on something new?

Jace11
07-14-05, 10:42 AM
I want something to look forward to regarding SH3. Things seem a little stale at the moment.

Any news, ideas..

Drop us a line...

Right now, I would kill for a "ship editor" or something so I could hit the books and make something.

LukeFF
07-14-05, 12:39 PM
If we could somehow limit the speed of the boats to 7 knots when using the snorkel, that'd be great.

Egan
07-14-05, 01:00 PM
I would love someone to do a proper investigation into the weather patterns and effect...I think there could be a lot of fun in there....

irishred
07-14-05, 01:41 PM
In addition to the radiolog I've also been working on a mod called 'RealisticOps' which basically changes the Flotilla patrol grids to grids where actual boats patroled.

CCIP
07-14-05, 01:49 PM
In addition to the radiolog I've also been working on a mod called 'RealisticOps' which basically changes the Flotilla patrol grids to grids where actual boats patroled.

Awesome! I'd love to see that. I, too, have been wondering about changing the assignment grids - since I've been reading Doenitz's memoirs lately, I've been realizing more and more how the boat assignments were far from random or badly-planned. If there's anything Doenitz excelled at, it's sending his boats to the right areas at the right times.

irishred
07-14-05, 01:59 PM

Awesome! I'd love to see that. I, too, have been wondering about changing the assignment grids - since I've been reading Doenitz's memoirs lately, I've been realizing more and more how the boat assignments were far from random or badly-planned. If there's anything Doenitz excelled at, it's sending his boats to the right areas at the right times.

I just got Memoirs lately, so I've been basing my info so far off of that book, Hessler's The U-Boat War in the Atlantic 1939-1945 and Kenneth Wynn's U-Boat Operations of the Second World War. All of these combined are great because of the maps and info it gives on U-boat deployments at any given time.

Type941
07-14-05, 02:16 PM
I'm working on 2 skins - one for Illustrious career (not so rusty, all gray) and improved Bismarck v2 - not rusty, better colors, etc.

Also working on a movie focusing on Operations Rheinbung.

U-73
07-14-05, 03:03 PM
Jace11: Do you still have your Type 7C skin with the red hull without the camo? I tried downloading it from a link and it said it wasn't active anymore. Lastly, if it avaliable for download can you modify it so there isn't so much rust on the conning tower? Thanks...

lemon
07-14-05, 04:25 PM
I'm no modder but I noticed due to this fine board that the campign files can create events for a given date (at least it looks so). If this is the case why not tie the radio mod to some events like radio message 'BDU has been informed by agents that a large convoy will head towards england' ?

Egan
07-14-05, 04:28 PM
I'm no modder but I noticed due to this fine board that the campign files can create events for a given date (at least it looks so). If this is the case why not tie the radio mod to some events like radio message 'BDU has been informed by agents that a large convoy will head towards england' ?

Historical operations can indeed be scripted in but you cannot tie a radio message to it in the campaign.

lemon
07-14-05, 05:17 PM
Hmm, you can tie in historical operations which sounds like I can give the operation a somehow date to start. If this is the case I can tie the radio message to it. Not that when something spawn the message will generated but can you say that convoy x will spawn at x,y at the dd/mm/yyyy ? If you can you can create a radio message for that day given you the information that convoy x will be moving from x,y to destination z,a (you can give wrong z,a coordinates).
The german radio log has enigma crypted messages which you can decrypt. They will inform you that the fleet is in Scapa Flow. This way the radio messages can serve as an important additional information especially for a mod like Real Uboat.

Egan
07-14-05, 05:24 PM
Hmm, you can tie in historical operations which sounds like I can give the operation a somehow date to start. If this is the case I can tie the radio message to it. Not that when something spawn the message will generated but can you say that convoy x will spawn at x,y at the dd/mm/yyyy ? If you can you can create a radio message for that day given you the information that convoy x will be moving from x,y to destination z,a (you can give wrong z,a coordinates).
The german radio log has enigma crypted messages which you can decrypt. They will inform you that the fleet is in Scapa Flow. This way the radio messages can serve as an important additional information especially for a mod like Real Uboat.

Oh, If you want a message to be sent at a specific time - yeah, thats doable. Problem is that if you want to add in the slightest amount of randomness - which I think is healthy for historical ops in the game - they are not going to be synchronised. So yoould end up getting a message long after or before the vent takes place. (which might be kind of cool in its own way.)

Also, if the convoy has any variation in the waypoints the info will be wrong, obviously. But, yeah, it could be done.

FLB sale U-999
07-14-05, 06:14 PM
Hi!

I am trying to bring up a new Mod! But thats very hard work (for me).

Anybody Ideas how to make this Idea work?

Hi all!

This is maybe interesting for all Slideout Modders like FBAC Slideout, Rasbian and all others which are profies in the menu_1024_768.ini...

I have a problem:

I have tried to inplain a slideout Mod for the Periscope (and maybe UZO Views)!
I have tried, no, let me say i would like to have the Dials which are normaly on the "F6" TDC SCREEN, the Torpedo Speed-, the Torpedodepth- and the Torpedopistol Dials.
I would like to have them slidet into the Priscope View at the top right corner of the Screen

In Pictures that u know what i am talking about:

In the first screen u see the normal Periscopeview "F3":

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1185/peri6nj.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

In the second screen u see what would be a great Mod and improvement for the game...
When u are at the Periscope, u just select a torpedo, and then go with the mouse to the right up corner, so that the most important Dials from TDC would slide out.... the dial of Speed, Depth and pistol....

So u must not go everytime u would like to change only the Speed or Depth of your torpedoe, to the "F6" TDC Window....
U could change these 3 improtant Values into your Periscopeview...

U understand?

Look here:
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4865/peri25xj.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

So my Questions:

-what have i to change or to implement into the Periscopeblock in menu_1024_768?

-is that possible to make this work?
-Would somebody of u great modders try to make so a mod?

Because i think that a lot of people would like to have something like that implemented in the game....

I have tried so much things in the menu_1024_768.ini, but did not get to work...
I have looked at those FBAC slideout mod, so u must to edit a whole new Block in the menu to make that Mod to work...

What do u think?
What do other people think about this idea for that Mod?

I would like to make this Mod, but i need Tips and HOW & WHERE to make a Menugroup in the menu_1024_768.ini

please send me PM or write it here.... maybe we can built this Mod together :)

I think it would became a great Mod if we can make this to work!!!

Best wishes sale

Type941
07-14-05, 06:29 PM
I have full operation Rheinubung done in SH3 mission editor - in several stages - from leaving the base in Gdynia, to going around Denmark, to parking in Norway, to Denmark Strait battle, torpedo Bismark bombing, and Bismark battle of biscayne/sinking. All done with weather/day/time simulation. I have to say it's eery feeling because things can be made so real, especially the night convoys and foggy search by the Home Fleet in iceland.. the icebergs. Etc. Probably no real value for U-boat hunting, but I'll release them all anyway, at least you could fight in Battle of Denmark and Battle of Biscayne. Never avoid a chance of sinking a BB. ;) So this is my mission editor project. It's a lot of fun recreating real events in SH3.

clive bradbury
07-14-05, 07:13 PM
I'm working on a series of missions for the Med, which is very boring in the stock campaign. I thought about modding the rnd, but decided on a mission series instead because that can include enigma messages, varying objectives, etc.

I'm playtesting now...

R Hardman
07-14-05, 07:35 PM
I would love someone to do a proper investigation into the weather patterns and effect...I think there could be a lot of fun in there....

Doing just that. Have over 74 observations logged from October 42 to April 43.

Jace11
07-14-05, 07:49 PM
Jace11: Do you still have your Type 7C skin with the red hull without the camo? I tried downloading it from a link and it said it wasn't active anymore. Lastly, if it avaliable for download can you modify it so there isn't so much rust on the conning tower? Thanks...

Terrapins site

http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/

it is in the skins directory, VIIC skin listed at the bottom.
---------------------

I'm glad people are still doing stuff anyway, I was worried for a moment. I saw Sale's slideout mods in the German Ubi forum which I check alot.