PDA

View Full Version : Game Freeze

boomer_killer
07-14-05, 09:00 AM
for the past few weeks i cant even play DW for 5 minutes without it freezing up. ive downloaded new drivers for my video card with no luck. (Nvidia 6800 Ultra) does anyone have any help? getting very upset at this.

Jamie
07-14-05, 09:53 AM
BK,

Do you have v1.01 installed (many crashes were fixed in that patch)?
Can you try running the game in windowed mode?
What type of sound card do you have?

boomer_killer
07-14-05, 12:34 PM
i do have 1.01 installed. i have a soundblaster audigy 2 zs soundcard. i will update those drivers and see if thats the problem.

Zerogreat
07-14-05, 01:04 PM
for the past few weeks i cant even play DW for 5 minutes without it freezing up. ive downloaded new drivers for my video card with no luck. (Nvidia 6800 Ultra) does anyone have any help? getting very upset at this.

And was it working before these few weeks? It is possible that the fan on your graphic card has died and it is now overheating

boomer_killer
07-14-05, 01:25 PM
all my other sims dont freeze up. i updated the soundcard drivers and had no effect. i will check the fan on the video card to see if there are any problems there. :damn:

Jamie
07-18-05, 10:28 AM
BK,

The reason why I'd like you to run the game in windowed mode is that if it is NOT hardware related and is instead a result of the game itself (a crash in the game logic, etc.) then the game may give us an error report similar to this:

http://dw.sonalysts.net/forum_img/DW_CRASH_INFO.JPG

Let us know what your results are... We'd certainly like to help! :(
- Jamie

Stealth Elephant
07-18-05, 10:31 AM
Could you give us a detailed description of your computer's hardware and operating system, please? Also, you mentioned that your other games have been running just fine. Could you name some of them, too?

Bellman
07-19-05, 01:54 AM
boomer, sorry youre having a problem - I think we have all been there at some time or other with many sims.

However my experience is that I use EnditAll to cut back the fat, knock off GoBack and look hard at 'any'
security software you leave running. With DW I found some 'stuff' didnt like it so I uninstalled it leaving
DW resident. When the 'stuff' was reinstalled it found DW acceptable' and hey presto :up:

You sound experienced so I guess this maybe useless and I am sure you have been down the trail of changing drivers etc etc...

Good luck anyhow. :up:

boomer_killer
07-19-05, 09:25 AM
i have a dell dimension 8300. P4 at 3.00 GHZ. Nividia 6800 Ultra 256 mb video card, 1256 of DDR ram. Audigy2 ZS SoundBlaster audio card. Windows XP home SP2. As for the other technical data im not sure (not very smart in this department.) my other sims that i play are, silent hunter III, Sub Command, Nascar Racing 2003, Microsoft Flight 04, Pacific Fighters. The last few days ive played DW after a reinstall and in windowed mode and i have not seen one freeze since. i will try and get the info to you jamie if i can get DW to freeze again.

boomer_killer
07-20-05, 10:49 AM
this is what the error reports says

C:\DOCUME~1\RALPHN~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER0e39.dir.00\ dangerouswaters.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\RALPHN~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER0e39.dir.00\ appcompt.txt

i hope this helps.

Soulchaser
07-21-05, 03:59 AM
this is what the error reports says

C:\DOCUME~1\RALPHN~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER0e39.dir.00\ dangerouswaters.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\RALPHN~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER0e39.dir.00\ appcompt.txt

i hope this helps.