PDA

View Full Version : What mod are you playing with currently?

sdcruz
07-14-05, 05:02 AM
From the list of these only, please choose one:

Duncan Idaho
07-14-05, 07:06 AM
One of those isn't a mod, it's the official patch. I didn't vote, because none of the three really apply to me.

The Avon Lady
07-14-05, 07:15 AM
RUb and IC.

Thank you modders! :up:

Cdre Gibs
07-14-05, 08:24 AM
Where is the "Other" option ???

jasonb885
07-14-05, 09:12 AM
RUb and IC.

Thank you modders! :up:

Thanks!

These threads make it worthwhile when I'm stuck at work all day long.

:sunny:

Beery
07-14-05, 09:38 AM
Since we're talking about the game's major mods, there's also the SH3 Commander mod, which can be used with RUb or without it. As well as giving players much more flexibility and realism, it's the only mod that simulates your commander's life before and even after the war. With SH3 you get a U-boat simulation, but with SH3 Commander you get the whole story. :rock:

By the way, good poll! :up:

captnmike
07-14-05, 10:03 AM
I'm on my first patrol out of Bergen using Rub 1.427z with Unreluboat 1.427z so as to retrieve the under water color effect and have upped the " stormconditions = 7,0.1 max... to 15,0.1 max... This allows using the flak and deck guns in those beautiful big waves and even rain.

captnmike :lol:

captnmike
07-14-05, 10:05 AM
I'm on my first patrol out of Bergen using Rub 1.427z with Unreluboat 1.427z so as to retrieve the under water color effect and have upped the " stormconditions = 7,0.1 max... to 15,0.1 max... This allows using the flak and deck guns in those beautiful big waves and even rain.

captnmike :lol:

CCIP
07-14-05, 10:52 AM
I can't pick any of those options, because I have a custom RUb-like setup I put together completely on my own out of a whole set of mods (and it is in most ways like RUb), plus Improved Convoys, plus SHIII Commander.

NightCrawler
07-14-05, 11:38 AM
I learned my lession in SHII with all the mods will screw up the game.

in SHII i have only 1 mod(flagmod) thats it, the rest is original...

Beery
07-14-05, 12:02 PM
I learned my lession in SHII with all the mods will screw up the game....

Hmm. Then SH2 taught you the wrong lesson. LOL.

Egan
07-14-05, 12:05 PM
I learned my lession in SHII with all the mods will screw up the game.

in SHII i have only 1 mod(flagmod) thats it, the rest is original...

Funny, I never had any trouble with mods in Sh2.

Catfish
07-14-05, 12:12 PM
Hello,
i would say that SH 2 was virtually unplayable without the mods. It was clearly unfinished ... the mods never screwed up my SH2, but i did not really like it anyway. After all this hype and expectation the original dev team was fired due to "company adjustments", and the new dev team was probably not up to the job in the short remaining time - which was no fault of them certainly. Seeing SH2 nevertheless emerge was astonishing, but it was not a good sim.
SH3 is at playable out-of-the-box, with the mods adding some cream to it, making it almost perfect. I do not speak of Starforce though ...
Greetings,
Catfish

FesterShinetop
07-14-05, 06:07 PM
I'm still in my first career so I am still in "original configuration" at 1.4. Want to play through at least one career with original settings before I start to check out the mods. Though I think the SH3 Commander mod looks real nice so I might install that one early... :up:
:ping:

NightCrawler
07-14-05, 07:57 PM
I was talking about in SHII, to deinstall, and install again, because of DD patch, than install all the mods again.. in following orders

Observer
07-14-05, 08:28 PM
I'm surprised by the small nubmer of people saying they are using RUb and the improved convoys mod. :o

Interesting.

gonzman
07-14-05, 08:50 PM
No major mods here, bit fussy with it, but from my experience the major mods add loads of cool stuff but generaly include things i'd rather go without

CCIP
07-14-05, 10:02 PM
I'm surprised by the small nubmer of people saying they are using RUb and the improved convoys mod. :o

Interesting.

That can only be improved by Improved Convoys being in RUb!!!

/demands :|\

Observer
07-14-05, 10:08 PM

Interesting.

That can only be improved by Improved Convoys being in RUb!!!

/demands :|\

I quite agree! :|\