PDA

View Full Version : Download Edition?

gonzman
07-10-05, 03:02 AM
I've wanted to get Dangerous Waters for a long time but the only method i've located of getting the game is online buy + shipped to me .

Now, i'd usualy be okay at doing this, but it's expensive because of exchange rates plus shipping, then i have to wait probably a few weeks before i get my copy.

I played the demo, it was good (I'm a sub command player and SH3 player) but i don't think the demo totaly won me over.

Is there a download edition being planed or some kind of thing like that? Sh3 has it, and Flaming Cliffs for Lock On has the buy+download online.

Thanks.

Fandango
07-10-05, 04:55 AM
Mhm...I don't think there's a downloadable version as there's for SHIII... :-?

Anyway, the demo is there only to give you an idea of the game...the "real" version is another thing... :rock:

I don't know what your budget is but if you want to buy the game, I would definately suggest you to purchase the deluxe copy with the printed manual. It's a bit more expensive but those are very well spent money. The game really worths the "effort"... ;)

gonzman
07-10-05, 05:26 AM
I'll consider it a bit more before i make a purchase.

Too many games lately failed to deliver, been feeling ripped off alot lately !

mike_espo
07-10-05, 12:52 PM
My advice is Buy IT!! :up: The game is awesome. Not perfect and it has a few flaws, but the game patched with 1.01 is definately worth the money. I spent 60 USD on it and am loving it.

The game will be unbeatable once 1.02 comes out :know: :up: :rock:

Sea Demon
07-10-05, 04:44 PM
Hi gonzman-

So far, I have really enjoyed DW. If you enjoyed Sub Command, you will love DW. The fact that you can hunt submarines from a surface ship (Perry Class FFG), or from 2 different air platforms give you so much more than Sub Command offered. And what about adding that Kilo diesel sub? So far, I've had fun just trying to figure out how to operate these new platforms. So from that standpoint, I think you'd enjoy this sim.

Please take the time to read through this forum as part of your decision-making to buy the game. You'll see that most people are happy with their purchase. As mike_espo said, their are minor issues, but nothing serious to make the game unplayable or unenjoyable. Sonalysts have made it clear that they will release a 1.02 patch in the future to address these.

I'm just one opinion, and that opinion is that DW is worth the money.

Sea Demon

Kapitan
07-11-05, 01:28 AM
same here im happy with it and i play it every day nearly im happy with it

few minor issues but nothing that cant be sorted and it doesnt affect gameplay one bit

and also you can play online with other people as well :rock: