PDA

View Full Version : JoneSoft Mod Enabler v1.3.2 now available!

JScones
07-10-05, 02:19 AM
v1.3.2(.40) of the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler is now available at http://members.iinet.net.au/~jscones/software/products/jsgme.zip

A few people have commented that they would like to be able to view a mod's readme files direct from the Mod Enabler.

Well, with this version you can. If you highlight an *available* mod and then right click, a popup menu will appear listing all files in the mod's "\documentation" folder. Selecting one will open the file.

Note though that the readme files must be in the mod's "\documentation" folder in order to be displayed.

This is a non essential upgrade. Unless you want this feature, you do not need to download. However, if your version of the Mod Enabler is less than v1.3.0, I recommend downloading this version.

If you are running v1.3.0 or above, you do *NOT* need to disable any mods before using this version, simply unzip over your current version of JSGME.

lemon
07-10-05, 05:42 AM
Thanks JScones :up:

Rubini
07-11-05, 10:43 AM
Great job!

Thanks JScones.

Rubini.

NZ_Wanderer
07-11-05, 06:27 PM
Ohh another update to download :) :)

Unfortunatly due to me upgrading to xp64 I can no longer play SH3 at the moment.. :(
Might have to install a bare bones xp on dual boot if the withdrawl takes too much of a hold...

Anyway, thanks, will download it and store it away ready for use :) :)

Egan
07-17-05, 09:01 AM
Just started using it today. It's a huge inprovement on a great utility. Thanks!

jasonb885
07-17-05, 10:05 AM
Ohh another update to download :) :)

Unfortunatly due to me upgrading to xp64 I can no longer play SH3 at the moment.. :(
Might have to install a bare bones xp on dual boot if the withdrawl takes too much of a hold...

Anyway, thanks, will download it and store it away ready for use :) :)

You do realize there's minimal benefit to running a 64-bit copy of XP unless you have more than 4GB of RAM, correct?

NT based Windows is still choked full of 32-bit libraries for compatibility reasons, and most vendors won't be fully 64-bit clean for some time to come.

Unless you have a specific reason, you've already benefited from your 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows XP simply by having a processor that's substantially superior to other x86 compatible processors on the market.

:up:

NZ_Wanderer
07-17-05, 02:20 PM
Well I only have 1 gb of ram, but I have noticed marked improvements across the board (so to speak) in loading times, performance, stability and just the general day to day running of the system :rock: :rock: - My frames in FS2004 and half life 2 have jumped, and seems a lot smoother, can't wait till I can finally try SH3...

You do realize there's minimal benefit to running a 64-bit copy of XP unless you have more than 4GB of RAM, correct?
NT based Windows is still choked full of 32-bit libraries for compatibility reasons, and most vendors won't be fully 64-bit clean for some time to come.
Unless you have a specific reason, you've already benefited from your 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows XP simply by having a processor that's substantially superior to other x86 compatible processors on the market. :up:

lemon
07-18-05, 01:18 AM
In general I'm with Jason here. 64 Bit are only needed if you have a lot of RAM (> 4 GB) and have applications that use this much.
But I have heard the same that it seems a lot smoother then WinXP 32. Maybe MS has changed/tweaked some drivers for performance ?