PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed with deck guns/ Patch 1.4

lotharbucheim
07-08-05, 02:48 AM
Hi, I have downloaded the 1.4 patch from Ubisoft, and am at a loss as to how to change the parameters on the deck gun,to allow use of it in less than perfect calm weather...but I dont seem to be able to open any of the SH3 cfg files...I keep getting a message saying that Windows cant open the file,and then advising me to search online for help...which doesnt help!! Can anybody please give me advice as to how to change these parameters ? Please bear in mind that when it comes to computers I am a moron :D , and keep it simple for me. Thanks very much in advance.

enigma-e
07-08-05, 03:28 AM
Two words:

Just don't.

humesdog
07-08-05, 04:56 AM
OK, let's see if this works. Here's the link to a thread

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=38901&highlight=

Hopefully if you can click on this it will take you to a thread which includes another link that gizzmoe posted for this mod. Use his config file and make sure you put it in the right place and you'll be able to man the guns in any weather as well as use decks awash. Now be careful none of your men goes overboard!!!! (don't worry, that's not really modelled)

lotharbucheim
07-08-05, 05:00 AM
Thanks guys,much appreciated... Enigma..can you just expand a bit on your two words..do you reckon its more hassle than worth ?

Drebbel
07-08-05, 06:18 AM
Just open the program notepad, and open the cfg files from there.

Or select a cfg file, right click, select "open with", and select notepad.

captainclasp
07-08-05, 07:52 AM
To expand on what Drebbel just said - (And note this might oughta go into the mod side of the house) - open up each subs .CFG file - there is a line in there - labeled StormValue or somesuch - just look for the 7 that is the current setting for all the subs. Change that number to whatever you feel is appropriate. (Its your game - play it your way!) There is also a precip value - I would advise against fiddling with that.....

Also - realize that you have to change the value in the config file for each sub - otherwise the ones that are not changes will still have the 7m/s limit.

Enjoy.