PDA

View Full Version : RUB 1.42, Sh3Cmdr 1.42 and Flotilla 1.4

BladeHeart
07-08-05, 05:20 AM
Bump

Beery
07-08-05, 11:19 AM
Yes it is already included in RUb. I just thought I would make an updated version of the stand-alone flotilla mod for people who wanted the expanded flotilla operations without getting the whole RUb package.

pampanito
07-08-05, 01:29 PM
Could you please confirm if the T2 range issue is fixed by RUb1.42?
I can't find it in the Readme, and some people keep insisting that it was not fixed in official patch 1.4b

As for the Sonar mod by Jungman, is the fix in RUb1.42 the same independently available from Terrapin's site? I notice the timestamp of the files is not the same; also the Readme in RUboat says 'Late war sonar and depth charge effectiveness adjusted', and the one by Jungman in Terrapin's site says the minimum Sonar Range was changed from default zero to 200 meters, and maximum Sonar Bearing angle was reduced from -+ 90 degrees bow, to 60 degrees. No mention of war period.

Thanks for any comment on these matters!

Beery
07-08-05, 02:52 PM
Could you please confirm if the T2 range issue is fixed by RUb1.42?
I can't find it in the Readme, and some people keep insisting that it was not fixed in official patch 1.4b

T2 range was changed officially in SH3 1.4. Whether it was 'corrected' is a different question, and one I'm not really qualified to answer. I did get rid of the T2 mod in RUb1.40, so if 1.4b doesn't 'fix' it, neither does RUb. This is something that needs checking out by someone who knows what the real range is supposed to be.

As for the Sonar mod by Jungman, is the fix in RUb1.42 the same independently available from Terrapin's site? I notice the timestamp of the files is not the same; also the Readme in RUboat says 'Late war sonar and depth charge effectiveness adjusted', and the one by Jungman in Terrapin's site says the minimum Sonar Range was changed from default zero to 200 meters, and maximum Sonar Bearing angle was reduced from -+ 90 degrees bow, to 60 degrees. No mention of war period.

It's unlikely that it's the same sonar fix. Jungman made a bunch of different sonar fixes for us to play with, and if I recall correctly we used one of them, but slightly modified for use in RUb. I'm not going to claim that ours is right, or even better than the one on Terrapin's site. We just used one that seemed good to us, given all the other tweaks to sensor models and avoidance that are in RUb.

pampanito
07-08-05, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the clarification! :up: