PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Developers are Looking for Mods.

Zachstar
07-15-05, 04:23 AM
Im glad they are considering using community models.

As long as this is included in a patch or somthing that is free im cool with that.

Hey so we can move the effort out of this should I make a forums for it?

Maybe you can also ask subsim to make a public forum for the effort.

Zachstar
07-16-05, 03:12 AM
http://saresevil.flaregamestudios.com/SH3Models/index.php

Here are the forums for the effort!

Hey if subsim decides to create a forum for this hear please let me know and I will close it.

Feel free to start a new topic for each craft and lets also build a list to check off whats been done and whats not.

Zachstar
07-16-05, 08:28 PM
You can find some stuff to do here http://saresevil.flaregamestudios.com/SH3Models/viewtopic.php?p=3#3

Caution tho the list is not in any real way organized and I will need help maintaining it.

Im asking for 2 people willing and have the plan to get it organized you will be made mods as to be able to edit the list. Please don't sign up just to be a mod I need some serious effort maintaining that list and keeping it easy to refer to.

I have gone through this topic and gotten some stuff for the list from the posts. If you have a problem with me doing this please say so if you made the post I will apologize if needed.

Lem
07-24-05, 03:35 PM
someone said italian fighter?

http://www.lemsko.de/3d/WB3/Mc200/c200.jpg

Was meant originally for Warbirds online flightsim, but since i left that place...

Unfortunally if i give it away to a company i want money for it.

Blame your capitalistic society. Nothing is free, not even death... it cost your life.

Lem

CB..
07-25-05, 09:40 AM
couldn't hurt to surface in a Norwegian Fiord and find one or two of these at anchor..

this has probably fewer polys than the upper aircraft limit set by UBI...so i could make it hugely more detailed...

http://www.ebort.com/sailbark.jpg

Kpt. Lehmann
07-25-05, 10:35 AM
Salute! Guys,

For what it's worth from a new sub commander... I'd reeeeeaaaally like to see the lack of water reflectivity fixed for the type IIA and IID u-boats... considering they are looking at graphics fixes/ add-ons.

iambecomelife
07-25-05, 01:10 PM
couldn't hurt to surface in a Norwegian Fiord and find one or two of these at anchor..

this has probably fewer polys than the upper aircraft limit set by UBI...so i could make it hugely more detailed...

http://www.ebort.com/sailbark.jpg

That looks great as it is; I can't wait to see it with more details.

CB..
07-25-05, 04:47 PM
cheers :up:

08-04-05, 09:41 AM
U-Boat War

This mod covers a course of "submarine war" in the period of the WWII from 1939 till May 1945. For a basis has been taken mod "World 5.0". Such historical episodes are added:

- Operation against Norway from April, 13 - till June, 10. 1940. The most important and bright part the mod U-Boat War . There is no sense to describe all episodes of battle for Norway, so it is a lot of books, memoirs, documentary films describe fighting of allies with German submarines. You need to know only one thing, on April, 13 the English ships come into a fiord to Narvik and sink German destroyers and the ships of intrusion in Narvik.

- Dunkirk Operation "Dynamo" May - June. 1940.

- Battle for Britain the first phase. Luftwaffe actions in La Manche and strikes to England 1940-1941.

- Mediterranean confrontation December 1941 - 1943 Where are included not only sea battles but also Battle for Malta , Fight of Convoys , "Harpoon" (on June, 13-14 1942), "Pedestal" (on August, 11-13 1942), "Torch" (on November, 8 1942), "Vigeres" (on June, 14-16 1942), "Hercules" and less known operations of the countries of the Axis and the Great Britain. A mining of port Alexandria by planes " FW-200 Condor ". Ships guiding by English seamen to the surrounded Tobruk, at night along coast of Africa. I'd like to underline the fact that Italians having the superiority in the linear ships and strategic advantage could not destroy Malta as naval base and to protect the convoys going to Northern Africa. Only genius of German general Rommel for a long time constrained Italians from crash even since 1941.

- Husky on July, 11 1943 landing of allies to Sicily.

- Blockade of Sevastopol Black sea. 1941-1942.

- Fight for Atlantic 1939 - 1945. Are added convoys which were missing in Word 5.0". Mistakes in dates and structures of convoys are corrected. Besides, movements of battleships of both partys have been entered. For example, sinking of aircraft carrier "Couragous" or the statement of German submariners about sinking legendary Ark Royal about three times before its real destruction in Mediterranean sea. Puts out and raids of German breakers of blockade "Penguin", "Atlantis". Operations of ships "Tirpitz", "Admiral Sheer", heavy cruiser "Hipper" and Luftwaffe planes against the allied convoys following from Iceland to Murmansk and back (PQ, QP).
In the autumn 1942 Britain faced an oil "hunger", it was rather critical situation. From the Caribbean area to England OT convoys were formed, with six high-speed tankers in group, surprisingly that the first convoy was intercepted by German submarines and had a huge losses. Further, Germans didn't intercept tankers regulary.
"Gondola" from 6 - till February, 15 1943Ц. Strikes of 480-th airgroup of the American Air Forces on German bases of submarines basing in France. This group made 218 flights to bay of Biscay.

And this is not the full list of the added episodes!

Addons:
Italian ships:
Battle-Cruiser
Light Cruiser
Tanker
Troop Transport
Passanger Liner
Torpedo Boat

British and German planes involved in campaign:

Walrus
Arado

Countries:
Finland
Spain
Portugal
Turkey
Argentina
Mexica
Columbia

Countries' ports and traffics.

New images on combat posts panel.

"Milk Cows" Mod. It was made not by me. Very controversial mod. As there aren't submarine-tankers but auxilary ships. U-boat-tankers made by me don't appear in this mod because of the its size. With real "milk cows" the size would grow up to 10mb. So I left it as is in the original.

On a site sukhoi.ru there is a file " U-Boat War " (type of a file rar). I ask a pardon for my English, it is necessary to translate the electronic translator therefore so crookedly. Come on links and to take. Weight of a file 1.77 Mb
http://forum.sukhoi.ru/showthread.php?t=34839

melendir
10-25-05, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure if this has been done in some mod, but anyway it would be great feature (minor for use but major for feeling).

In Sub Command there was this ability to write to log book, it showed your additions with different colour and you could delete your own lines if you wanted to. I loved the possibility to write "Diary" there and I also used it to make notes for various aspects during patrol, so I could check it during journey.

Of course I would want it to work a way, that you could read previous mission's text too.

That would be great addition too, even thought it's not number 1 in the list :D

If somebody knows a mod for Silent Hunter III to add this feature already, please tell me. I have to use pen and paper now. Even though that's a bit realistic ;)

ZanRod
03-01-06, 02:27 AM
I've never built a ship yet, made everything else but never a ship, so I might just have a quick bash at making a battleship or battlecruiser. Where do I go for detailed plans of these things, anyone know of anywhere that holds decent drawings and other resources? Is there an equivelant of uboat.net for battleships?

Found some useful sites with some plans. Don't know if the are of any use. But have a look if you want.
http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/plans/
http://www.heiszwolf.com/subs/plans/plans.html#Gerretse,

Grossies2005
03-07-06, 01:52 AM

KarlSteiner
03-08-06, 05:52 AM
I think the developer should turn SH3c to an open system like Flightsimulater ever is!!!
Thats the mighty effort of this simulation.
They will do also better to bring more naval and georraphical reality with an new version (update).
By the moment it is not possible to add a simple ceated harbor or
lighthouse with a defined high.

Poor, poor, poor

Predefined harbors in a collected file this is too somple. Most of the harbors are overdesigned and had too much objects within.

NAVIGARE NECESSE EST

P.S.:
We are living in the 21th century but in the SH3 we are still siling on a flat world like in the dark middle ages.

The ongoing success of a simulation can be immensly improved by encouraging outside development. Case in point: Microsoft Flight Simulator.

From the beginning this has been an open-ended paradise for developers. The result is an entire universe of addon planes, instrument panels, sounds, scenery, macros and utilities, not to mention a library of development tools (many free) for developer wannabees. Check out flightsim.com or simviation.com (and prepare to be amazed).

GMax is one of the tools of choice for aircraft designers. Some of those guys have been at it for over ten years. If we could get a couple in our camp, we'd probably see some great additional ship models.

Opening up the SDK would be the best thing Ubi could do. I hope they will take a look at a couple of FS enthusiast sites to see just how much potential is really there.

--------

Graphics aside, I sure hope they will do some more with AI. It's good now, but ever-better AI is the ultimate sim programming challenge. I wish I was talented enough to participate - I'd do it for free.

- Perez

JU_88
03-27-06, 07:23 AM
How about the Town class destroyer for the RN, it was one of the most mass produced!
Some more additions to the Russian and Italian navies are much needed!
Definatley more aircraft too! The Avro Anson, Lockheed Hudson, De havilland mosquito and the Bristol Beufighter are all missing in action, yet these were the most common land based ASW aircraft in Coastal commands arsenal!

Mast
06-03-06, 02:01 PM
Hi Lem,

Glad to see ya over here. Long time no see but I don't frequent WB much either (I used to be with JG77 at WB, such a long time ago) :). Still playing this great game due to all the great mods.

Mast