PDA

View Full Version : Triggers and scripts for radio messages.

Sonny_Crockett
04-03-24, 05:53 PM
Hello.

I have a problem. how can I receive messages on the submarine radio?

I have tried to make use of Scripts and triggers, but when I run the mission and raise the antenna from about 60 feet depth, I get nothing through it. :wah:

I have seen videos from some user of this platform like FPSchazly, but no one explains in detail the triggers and scripts.

The problem is because of event configuration issue. could someone explain how to configure it for a better game experience?

I'm coming from the 688I hunter Killer. This one, it's editor was simpler.

Thanks you!

Aktungbby
04-04-24, 12:30 AM
Sonny_Crockett!:Kaleun_Salute:

Sonny_Crockett
04-04-24, 05:47 AM
Sonny_Crockett!:Kaleun_Salute:

:Kaleun_Salute:

Stewy1
04-04-24, 05:39 PM
Hey Sonny,

Place a trigger. And put these settings for each page:

Page 1
ALL
Name your Trigger: eg. Message 1
Event
Automatic

Page 2
Start Time, End Time - can be blank, but if you want it at a set time for the message, say 12:02 (and mission begins at 12:00)

Doctrine Language: Leave unchecked unless you're setting more 'conditions' to receive a message
Start: 00:12:02
Finish: 99:00:00 (the mission editor will automatically adjust to the 'longest' time a mission can go)
Duration: 00:00:00

Page 3
Radio Message
Ownship/Accomplishing Platform
Type your message
Add a .wav to the scenario folder if you want a 'reminder' sound - like an ELF signal code to come to comms depth or "Recommend we check the broadcast" (wav files have to be 22050 Hz Sample Rate)

Page 4
Action: None (unless you want to create a group or run a script)

That should work, check out the triggers in some of my missions if you want to see some examples.

Cheers Sonny
Stew

Sonny_Crockett
04-05-24, 04:20 PM
Hey Stewy1!

Thank you very much!

The problem was to start the message.
00:00:00 I interpreted it as Hours : minutes : seconds. Therefore, when I told it that I wanted the message at 12 hours, it never arrived because I entered it in the days.

Thanks for solving my doubt.

Stewy1
04-05-24, 06:33 PM
Haha - no worries, Sonny - that took me ages to work out! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Stew