PDA

View Full Version : Can this game be played with minimal crew management?

TDK1044
03-02-20, 12:26 PM
The videos I've seen look really great, but I don't want to micro manage my crew. Can this be played with minimal crew management?

derstosstrupp
03-02-20, 12:39 PM
I’d love to know this too. I finally just picked it up and yes, the micro-management seems over the top. I’d love to just play as skipper instead of having him be “another guy”. There must be a happy medium where you manage your crew through the lens of the skipper only, with other more mundane things being left to the bosun and petty officers.

TDK1044
03-02-20, 12:44 PM
I’d love to know this too. I finally just picked it up and yes, the micro-management seems over the top. I’d love to just play as skipper instead of having him be “another guy”. There must be a happy medium where you manage your crew through the lens of the skipper only, with other more mundane things being left to the bosun and petty officers.

Right there with you. I understand that this isn't a Silent Hunter game, but I want to function like a captain. Hopefully, there are mods or settings that will minimize the mundane. :)

TDK1044
03-02-20, 01:34 PM
I decided to support it anyway and get the game. Downloading now. :)