PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again!

XLjedi
05-04-19, 09:45 AM
It's been a long time since I wandered the deck of a uboat… but this game could very well bring me back!

So far, the game is a bit clunky with the interface, but I'm sure I'll get use to it or they'll streamline it over time.

Looking forward to resuming the hunt! :ping:

bstanko6
05-04-19, 11:58 AM
You build a system fast in using the GUI. It’s a pretty good game!

ljqcn101
05-05-19, 05:15 AM
Welcome back! Been using your MoBo extensively. :Kaleun_Cheers:

You might want to switch to Wolfpack for a more tactical gameplay since currently in Uboat you cannot directly enter range/AOB/speed into TDC, and you're force to use fixed-wire method for speed and stadimeter for range. This eliminates any different choice in attack tactics.

junkets
05-05-19, 05:26 AM

You might want to switch to Wolfpack for a more tactical gameplay since currently in Uboat you cannot directly enter range/AOB/speed into TDC, and you're force to use fixed-wire method for speed and stadimeter for range. This eliminates any different choice in attack tactics

You can use full manual TDC in Uboat.

ljqcn101
05-05-19, 06:19 AM
You can use full manual TDC in Uboat.

Oh, I'm just aware of the three text boxes to enter speed, course (but still not AOB) and range. But you can't enter them without selecting a target, so still no chance for the fast 90 method, or attacking a known target with periscopes retracted.

XLjedi
05-05-19, 06:24 AM

You might want to switch to Wolfpack for a more tactical gameplay since currently in Uboat you cannot directly enter range/AOB/speed into TDC, and you're force to use fixed-wire method for speed and stadimeter for range. This eliminates any different choice in attack tactics.

Thanks... Wolfpack did look really good, but unfortunately the multiplayer only is a non-starter for me.

On my last sandbox mission in Uboat, I was able to manually do things. Even enter Distance, AoB, and Range manually using the keyboard. The interface was still very clunky and in the end I had a crew member provide a solution, as I was not sure I was using the attack disk correctly for the AoB.

The torpedos wildly veered away from my target, and tracked the other boat that I was not following in the attack scope. Ah well... I'll maybe get use to it eventually.

XLjedi
05-05-19, 06:26 AM
Welcome back! Been using your MoBo extensively.

...and wow! So people still use it? :ping:

zuff
05-05-19, 07:28 AM
... in Uboat you cannot directly enter range/AOB/speed into TDC...

I thought you could? I haven't messed much with the TDC but I do remember that you can manually input those numbers in the target window in the bottom left.

ljqcn101
05-05-19, 07:51 AM
I thought you could? I haven't messed much with the TDC but I do remember that you can manually input those numbers in the target window in the bottom left.

Yeah, I found those windows.

EgoApocalypse
05-10-19, 02:37 PM
:Kaleun_Salute: