PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't use mods with new update

Skuldugary
12-21-17, 01:28 PM
Lock ups, interfaces won't appear, or are solid colors. :hmmm:

Has there been any news when the mods will be updated to work with 1.09? Eagerly looking forward to having them back in my game.

A big :Kaleun_Salute: to the mods who work so hard to bring us so much fun. Thanks guys/girls!

THEBERBSTER
12-21-17, 02:11 PM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Skulgugary
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

XenonSurf
12-21-17, 02:48 PM
AFAIK the whole mod file system has not changed, however in 1.09 be prepared that all mods working with 1.07 / 1.08c do NOT work because of new triggers added or changed in 1.09. This means: using old mods will show weird effects in the game and even lead to CTDs.
If you are able to mod yourself, then read carefully about the new introduced triggers in the files and change the files accordingly, OR: wait until the mods are out and compatible with 1.09 (RECOMMENDED!).

Capt.Hunt
12-21-17, 03:57 PM
Lock ups, interfaces won't appear, or are solid colors. :hmmm:

Has there been any news when the mods will be updated to work with 1.09? Eagerly looking forward to having them back in my game.

A big :Kaleun_Salute: to the mods who work so hard to bring us so much fun. Thanks guys/girls!

As an active member of a number of other modding communities, I know that this comes up a lot.

You need to remember that mods are created by individual players on their spare time. It might take a while for some of them to get around to making a fix available, especially for new games like this that are still updated regularly. In my years of modding I've seen several creators of very popular mods quit because too many people badgered them for updates.

My best guess is that most modders won't even start working on updates until 1.09 is officially released.