PDA

View Full Version : Mod Tools ? Merging Overrides?

GravityWave
07-04-17, 02:17 PM
I'm really pleased to see the mod's coming along nicely. Normally, I'd use a Nexus mod tool to keep track of what mod's are installed and to provide a 'merge' capability across the .txt control files. CW appears to have a similar approach.

Is there a handy way to activate multiple mods. I like the sensor/torp up's, plus new campaigns.

A little help on getting the modd'ing big picture for this gem would be nice.

I admit to being dink on reading the modder's forum, so if it's already there, please remind me. I tried a search, but ???. Sometimes one just needs to roam a little.

Shadow
07-04-17, 07:02 PM
I've been using good ol' JSGME without any issues. My mods are packaged with it in mind.

GravityWave
07-05-17, 12:58 PM
Thanks. I'm trying it out. I suppose that the MODS folder needs to get pointed at the Override folder (name change in JSGME. I haven't really figured it out yet as the pdf is pretty generic. But, yes this is the sort of thing I was looking for (I need to get it working first B4 really making that claim).

Shadow
07-05-17, 06:09 PM
Yeah, working with the override folder tends to be the best practice, so a mod altering the 1984 campaign would have a structure like this:

\Cold Waters\MODS\Longer Campaigns - Epic\ColdWaters_Data\StreamingAssets\override\camp aign\campaign001

(not sure why the message is creating that phantom space in "campaign")

GravityWave
07-05-17, 09:26 PM
I've been catching up on doc's and file struct's. Starting to see the light with an example. Thanks.