PDA

View Full Version : When Do They End The Chase?

Cpt.JoshuaGoldwater
06-24-17, 03:06 PM
So to play it safe I attacked a convey with torpedoes at 150ft while running silent. Everything seemed okay for a while. (Question does maneuvering at respective angle of 5 degrees affect my signature to other vessels?)

Eventually they got the drop on me and a helicopter brought a torpedo for me. I had about 4 torpedoes chasing me and I somehow dodged them all. Looks like two of them hit each other and blew up and the others just wandered off.

So as soon as all this happened I went back to silent running.

Will the AI ever think I'm dead so I can slip out? What can I do? No vessels chasing me, just bears and choppers.

Julhelm
06-24-17, 03:18 PM
Eventually they will not be looking anymore. We probably should make them depart when this happens so you don't have to spend the long trek opening up to 15000 yards before you can leave. We're going to be focusing on improving the AI in the coming weeks.

Cpt.JoshuaGoldwater
06-24-17, 03:22 PM
Eventually they will not be looking anymore. We probably should make them depart when this happens so you don't have to spend the long trek opening up to 15000 yards before you can leave. We're going to be focusing on improving the AI in the coming weeks.

Awesome, it also looks like they ran out of torpedoes and are just dropping noise makers to annoy me. That will hold me over nicely until your patch.