PDA

View Full Version : Sub assignment tool (campaign)

PL_Harpoon
06-21-17, 03:11 PM
When I play my campaigns, for immersion I like to select "random" to simulate a situation where, like in real navy you are assigned to a boat instead of given the ability to choose one. But I felt, that when you press that button in the game, it just randomly chooses a boat for you, not considering how many boats of what type are available. So, I made a little spreadsheet to do that for me.

Here it is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1luWSwCdBoiQySoj2jXanYV1Vhs6MmRwhwulavR44kcE/edit#gid=0
(if you don't have a google account you can download it and use it with Excel, OpenOffice or whatever other spreadsheet software you have.

It works like that, every time a spreadsheet recalculates (in google it's on every action) it picks a random number and selects a boat based on that number. Then you can pick that boat in the game.

I also included a column, where you can write down numbers of lost subs, (if you're sunk but rescued during campaign) so it will always pick between available subs (there is a chance that it will pick "no subs available" which simulates the fact that all active subs have a designated captain and the admiralty doesn't believe you'll do better then them).