View Full Version : Dead Subs not Dead?

max-peck
06-13-17, 02:44 PM
Anyone else getting this problem

Have put two Mark 48s each into both a Victor and a November
They are sitting on the bottom in about 600 feet of water

Thing is - I am still getting sound signatures from them
And their Models are still visible in the 3d Map

Do I really need to pur 3 torps into Soviet subs to kill them?

Or is this just an anomaly

ie. they are really dead, but for some reason I am still hearing sound signatures from them

PS - the Map shows the sub sunk icon for each

Any thoughts anyone??

PS - Frikkin awesome game :up::up::up::up::up::up:

max-peck
06-13-17, 02:57 PM
Further info

I am pretty sure they are still active as I can switch between the two of them using the change target key (T)

Am now firing a third torp at each - will see what happens!

max-peck
06-13-17, 03:13 PM
UPDATE

Well - they took 2 more torps each, still gave me sound signatures, and I could still switch to each using the T key

However after bugging out to about 20000 yards and finishing the mission
I got credit for sinking each of them
And it turns out that there was another November in the vicinity the whole time, that is what was preventing me from leaving the combat zone

The Bandit
06-13-17, 06:05 PM
I had something similar with a zombie November. I've hit one before where it was successfully able to blow to the surface. This guy wasn't so lucky, he attempted an emergency blow but ended up marooned under 578 ft. of water. While I thought what kind of grim fate would be awaiting a crew in such a situation (too deep for escape, unlikely that a rescue attempt would be made) certain vengeful individuals who must have been located in to torpedo room sent a SET-65 my way! I dodged it and then left the crew of the November alone to enjoy their new digs!