PDA

View Full Version : Cold waters in budget laptop

Haukka81
06-12-17, 06:09 AM
Anyone tested yet?

We have Hp laptop with I3 processor with Intel gpu. Its about 1,5 year old.

I think to buy second cold waters just for it. (For my wife Steam account) (i have one allready for my personal game rig , i just travel lot so would be nice to play with laptop then)

Will it run Ok, rez is 1366x768

The Bandit
06-12-17, 06:38 AM
Anyone tested yet?

We have Hp laptop with I3 processor with Intel gpu. Its about 1,5 year old.

I think to buy second cold waters just for it. (For my wife Steam account) (i have one allready for my personal game rig , i just travel lot so would be nice to play with laptop then)

Will it run Ok, rez is 1366x768

I've ran it on low settings on an ancient Core 2 Duo desktop on low settings (this runs Atlantic Fleet just fine) passably well. It did end up crashing later on, but I think this is more about the state of the computer than that of the game. My conclusion is that the game scales really well to older HW and is not demanding at all.

Haukka81
06-12-17, 08:23 AM
Just tested, runs great. Medium water, 2xaa , ambient oculsion off.

:salute:

Dammit_Carl!
07-23-17, 03:57 AM
Currently deployed with my ol' craptop and it just aint pushing the game (admittedly I bought the game knowing that could be a possibility, so not casting any fault anywhere but at me).

Regardless, CW is a sweet game and I'm glad to throw money in KillerFish's direction for their work.

p.s. After playing with settings and using a "Game Booster," program, I have got it to go albeit very, very unsmoothly. Will need to see what more I can mess with. Still, this game hits a sweet spot between arcade and hardcore sim - similar to World of Tanks / Wsrships for me - that I like. Thanks again, KillerFish!