PDA

View Full Version : Leave mission?

KapnCrunch
06-08-17, 11:09 PM
I'm having trouble withdrawing from combat in the campaign. The help section seems to indicate that you ought to be able to leave the mission when there are no vessels within 15 km, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Has anyone encountered this? It's possible I'm missing enemy ships, but I've raised periscope, ESM, and ran quiet to check the sonar, and haven't gotten any contacts. It's happened in most of the situations where I haven't destroyed all the active enemies, but have sought to withdraw when I run out ammunition, etc. Potentially I can still withdraw if I reach the edge of the map, but that's a pretty long haul from the starting location

PL_Harpoon
06-09-17, 05:18 AM
Perhaps there are some diesel subs around. They can get pretty close without being detected.

Killerfish Games
06-09-17, 07:34 AM
There are some issues with this.
Version 1.01 will simplify the detection of nearby vessels which should resolve this problem.

KapnCrunch
06-09-17, 09:51 AM
There are some issues with this.
Version 1.01 will simplify the detection of nearby vessels which should resolve this problem.

Aha, that explains it. On the bright side, not being able to flee the mission like a coward at the first sign of an Udaloy has made me a braver skipper and probably a better person.

Phenomenal, phenomenal game though - everything I had hoped it would be.