PDA

View Full Version : Game Fix Only mods ????

drakkhen20
12-18-16, 07:48 PM
Is there a large Mod or a couple mods that just fix game issues only and doesnt mess with the rest of the game, visuals, sound, ui, etc etc ? i like SH5 the way it is but id like the loose ends tide up is all. are they or is there one or do i just have to go with another super mod ?

finchOU
12-20-16, 03:32 PM
That is kind of subjective based on who you talked to. SH5 out of the box is almost unplayable. What are the specific issues you want addressed?...then maybe some people can steer you in the right direction.

THEBERBSTER
12-20-16, 05:32 PM
Hi drakkhen
Webster's GFO takes the stock game and tidies it up removing a lot of bugs and makes the game very playable.
I recommend that you have a look at his excellent readme documentation which shows you what Webster's own mods have been added to make this into a mega mod.
It also deals with what you need to do if you want to add RSRDC and Real Environments.
Importantly also it tells you what is not compatible.
Highly Recommended.
Peter

drakkhen20
12-23-16, 03:42 PM
well im sure from me being on this forum for so long have learned that the campaign is broken for sure, which can be rectified by OH. normally some of the uboat handling and damages are off and UZO, periscope and such are off as well. as far as the environment, isnt there something wrong where you get stuck in a constant rain storm or fog or something or was that SH3 ? cant remember. more or less commin sense mods such as if a ship is on fire it over time does take damage such as sinking mechanics will eventually sink a ship. also removing the hi-lights or bubbles hovering around people, objects, and my uboat when im under water. so thats a few things. im fine with plotting my coarse and i actually kind of gotten used to Real Navigation but i know some of you will hate this but id like to keep Auto targeting and weapons officers help. the job i work at i deal with a lot of calculations and such and i find for me to unwind while playing SH5 measuring and calculating for a torpedo shot just isn't in the appeal. plus on a side note. wasn't it the weapons officer job to take the measures and numbers that the Captain told him while peeking through the periscope and then come up with a firing solution based on that ? I've tried WOS mod but some parts of it even while reading tutorials and following videos will still get me twisted on what options and such to choose from and how to activate this and that to the point where i find myself not wanting to play it and ever since SH5 has released i have not completed one campaign from 1941 to 1945 ever dues to just finding the better mod or finding a mod and activating only to find that mod as well to be incomplete or obsolete. id like to just have a set of mods that fixes most normal stuff without effecting the essence of commanding a Uboat in the Atlantic as a whole. which in any case i know most of you, thats what your striving for. so point me in that direction so i can set out and complete a Silent Hunter please ?:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER
12-23-16, 07:13 PM
Hi drakkhean
campaign is broken for sure, which can be rectified by OH. Adding OH will make no difference if the tonnage bar and campaign icons are showing in your game.

isnt there something wrong where you get stuck in a constant rain storm or fog or something or was that SH3 LSH3-2015 and SH5 TWOS regularly change the weather patterns.

id like to keep Auto targeting and weapons officers help. There nothing wrong with that, its your game and you can play it any way you want.

SH5 measuring and calculating for a torpedo shot just isn't in the appeal. This can all be changed in TDW's Option File Editor Viewer.
There are hundreds of patches in it so you can customize your game to the difficulty level you want to play with.
You also have the Game Play Settings where you can adjust the difficulty to turn off manual targeting.

wasn't it the weapons officer job to take the measures and numbers that the Captain told him while peeking through the periscope and then come up with a firing solution based on that That the whole point of manual targeting is a challenge for the player and part of the enjoyment of the game.
That is why Auto Targeting does it for you.

I've tried WOS mod but some parts of it even while reading tutorials and following videos will still get me twisted on what options and such to choose from and how to activate this and that to the point where i find myself not wanting to play it and ever since SH5 has released i have not completed one campaign from 1941 to 1945
I do not understand why you are stressing yourself out its not rocket science.
Your lucky to get to 1941.
I have never got as far as 1941 to date playing at 100%.

Might be worth you taking at a look at Wolves of the Deep or cherry picking some mods out of sobers mega mod.
The important thing is not to use the tonnage bar and campaign icons which none of these do.
Good luck.
Peter