PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from GWX 2.1 to GWX 3.0? Cargo/casulties in patrol logs?

Shadowblade
07-15-16, 01:17 PM
Hello guys,

I started to play my career I have started a long time ago (GWX 2.1) but I had bad weather and high waves for about week on my last patrol (so no deck gun this time). I would like to know whether I can install GWX 3.0 and continue in my current career?

I am using GWX 2.1 and SH3 Commander 3.2.

BTW do you know the SH3 tool which adds cargo type + casulties for sunk ships in patrol logs? I forgot its name and I want to add this info to my patrols again...

EDIT: SOLVED

Niume
07-15-16, 01:39 PM
1.No you can't play on current patro.l I recommend making a new copy of Sh3 when installing GWX.

Cargo/Casualties feature is I think Sh 3 Commander

Shadowblade
07-15-16, 01:44 PM
I know the GWX 3.0 requires new SH3 installation. I would like just know whether I can copy my savegames and continue from the before patrol savegame position?

Sailor Steve
07-15-16, 02:12 PM
Hello guys,

I started to play my career I have started a long time ago (GWX 2.1) but I had bad weather and high waves for about week on my last patrol (so no deck gun this time). I would like to know whether I can install GWX 3.0 and continue in my current career?
I'm not sure if you can make that work or not, having started over so many times myself. Unless someone knows for sure, I can only suggest starting over from scratch and not worrying about it.

Has it really been that long since you've played. Most of us have been using GWX3 for many years now.

BTW do you know the SH3 tool which adds cargo type + casulties for sunk ships in patrol logs? I forgot its name and I want to add this info to my patrols again...
That's SH3 Commander. You only have to go to 'Career Options' and select 'Use Real Ship Names In Patrol Logs'. Just remember, though, that the names don't show up while you're playing. When the patrol has ended Commander will generate a new log with the details in it.

For added variety you might want to try my Ship Names mod, which adds several thousand new names and assigns them to the proper ship classes.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4671

Shadowblade
07-15-16, 07:05 PM
I have found following note in GWX 3.0 instructions <sigh>:

However, an existing career will not work properly with GWX3 GOLD anyway.

@Sailor Steve - yeah, I had to focus on some serious RL stuff and could not fight in Battle of the Atlantic.

thank you for your help