PDA

View Full Version : Have you made a pledge yet? If not, why not?

troopie
06-12-16, 05:57 AM
There is only two weeks to go. The Kickstarter campaign is about half way through and they are still short of the halfway target. If everybody here with a few spare bucks chipped in....well, you know the rest.

I didn't now what kickstarter was all about so here's the low down:

The dev's set a monetary target that has to be met in a certain time frame. When you make a pledge it is exactly that; just a pledge. No money changes hands yet. If all the pledges add up to meet the target it is a success and only then do you get billed. If the target is not met it fails and no money is charged to you (the backer). If this hapens the devs get nothing and the project ends up in limbo.

So there's no risk of sinking money into something that didn't get enough support and so goes nowhere.

The campaign ends up in 14 days, so around June 26th depending on your time-zone. So go get cracking and chip in.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...arulken-reboot (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1655728789/hms-marulken-reboot)

There are also some cool perks to be had from becoming a backer depending on your level of support:

(From the website)
*SkvaderStudios gratitude. You will receive a special thank you email at the end of the campaign.
* A retail copy of the game, when it is finished.
* Your name in the credits.
* Hms Marulken wallpaper.
* Access to the game during the development process.
* Four retail copies of the game, when it is finished.
* Become a beta tester for the game. We will be in regular contact with the beta testers, discussing the game's balance and features. The beta testers will receive special thanks in the credits.
* One of the playable characters modeled after you and named after you, or a name you choose (2 of 4 opportunities left at this time).

Sorry, I sound like a bloody salesman but I'd really like to see this get off the ground.

Onkel Neal
06-12-16, 08:16 AM
Subsim has a pledge in.

troopie
06-12-16, 08:24 AM
Subsim has a pledge in.

Sooo..., will we see Batman standing at the helm in the beta then? :har:

Sorry, no offence, honestly. :lol:

Onkel Neal
06-12-16, 08:26 AM
That's Daredevil, actually, and yep, we will be onboard the boat.

troopie
06-12-16, 08:37 AM
Awesome, nice work. I'm on the Beta test level. I'm looking forward to it.

We just need some more people to contribute.

I wish I'd come back to Subsim a few weeks earlier so Id've had more time to spread the word.

Icewarp
06-17-16, 03:38 PM
I´ve just made my pledge too. :arrgh!:

bloddyboy123
06-19-16, 08:53 AM
I made a pledge myself yesterday, wish i could do more, but, Im doin my best! ^_^ Beta test ho!

-Indiana Hoofs

blackswan40
06-20-16, 06:02 AM
Hi All Downloaded Game Not Played it Yet but watched Onkel Neals Video & I'm Sold Pledged 400 Kronor (SEK) £34:00
Ill Take it for a spin sometime soon