PDA

View Full Version : Just made my first attempt at doing something

TheQuack45
06-02-16, 04:25 PM
Hi! I've been interested in sub simulators for a while but never really actually got into them (I have SH3 and that's it) but I just gave HMS Marulken a shot and am seriously loving it. It's daunting as all hell for me, someone who has no idea what they're doing, but the process of trying to track down the ship in the preview was a ton of fun, even if I ended up quitting because I made myself known and my target ran away while another ship nearby pinged me to no end and dropped depth charges around me. I'm curious if there's any videos that I should watch that will give me a better idea of what I'm doing, beyond the videos in the game itself. In particular, I struggled with the firing computer, not knowing how to figure out the target's bow angle.

I'm also interested in working with some others to learn this game, but they'd have to be okay with me being pretty much a complete newbie to sub simulators. I have a good amount of background in flight simulation and simulation in general, however, so I'm not a stranger to how to communicate with other people in a serious way.

Thanks!

Onkel Neal
06-02-16, 04:38 PM
Hi! I've been interested in sub simulators for a while but never really actually got into them (I have SH3 and that's it) but I just gave HMS Marulken a shot and am seriously loving it. It's daunting as all hell for me, someone who has no idea what they're doing, but the process of trying to track down the ship in the preview was a ton of fun, even if I ended up quitting because I made myself known and my target ran away while another ship nearby pinged me to no end and dropped depth charges around me. I'm curious if there's any videos that I should watch that will give me a better idea of what I'm doing, beyond the videos in the game itself. In particular, I struggled with the firing computer, not knowing how to figure out the target's bow angle.

I'm also interested in working with some others to learn this game, but they'd have to be okay with me being pretty much a complete newbie to sub simulators. I have a good amount of background in flight simulation and simulation in general, however, so I'm not a stranger to how to communicate with other people in a serious way.

Thanks!

I have found in every new game there is a period of uncertainty and even bewilderment--how do I do this? Why is this not working? What just happened?! :k_confused:

Of course, as you well know, after a few sessions and one gets familiar with the user interface and game mechanics, it becomes really fun. HMS Marulken is still alpha, and I have already heard the devs describe several changes that will make the game more accessible (such as improving the depth gauge) and including instruments in the control room such as depth gauge for the Captain to turn to (even though it will still be up to the Chief to make the depth changes).

I would love to train alongside you, Quack. I'm hoping to get some more playing time in this week in preparation for a video session in 10 days. I want to be at the top of my game before the film starts rolling. Put your time availability in the Session thread, and hang out in the Teamspeak chatroom, people will roll in and out. I'll catch you there when you are available.

Neal

Aktungbby
06-02-16, 05:24 PM
TheQuack45!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
06-03-16, 06:26 AM
Well you're certainly in the right forum matey....welcome aboard :salute: