PDA

View Full Version : fsx ships to sh

alberto-jagl04
03-03-16, 02:03 PM
Hello. I have designed many ship models for FSX, and I have asked to port some of them to SH. There is any previous thread abotu this?
Thanks in advance

gap
03-03-16, 03:38 PM
Hello. I have designed many ship models for FSX, and I have asked to port some of them to SH. There is any previous thread abotu this?
Thanks in advance

Hi Alberto and welcome on subsim! :sunny:

What do you want to know exactly? The first step into porting your ships to any Silent Hunter game would be breaking them into smaller parts: one or more mesh for the hull (depending if you want it breakable in game or not), one for each funnel, one for each propeller, one for each rudder, etc. In other words, any part which needs to move/rotate indipendently, or to break apart, needs to be a separate mesh.
Also note that SH games support two UV map sets for each mesh; one used for diffuse texture, specular map, normal map and opacity mask, and the other for ambient occlusion map. Diffuse and ambient occlusion UV maps need to be stored in two copies of each mesh, and the two copies need to be identical as far as vertex coordinates, edges and faces are concerned.
The obj format used for importing 3d meshes in game.

I think that's all for a start :salute: