PDA

View Full Version : MANY CTDs!! I Need help!!

Vorkapitan
02-12-16, 12:07 AM
Hi All,
After not playing for about 2 yrs, I thought it might be a good time to start again... not so good. :Kaleun_Mad:

My mods are below;

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 03
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - 8x5 Resolution Patch
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Wind & Smoke addon
KB - 2 Church's SHV Keyboard Commands
RPM Hydrophone v2.2.1
ENV - Water reflections intensity varied by available sunlight by TheDarkWraith
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 3.b Enhanced Visibility (high)
DynEnv v2.9 - 4.b Camera Filters - Vivid Colors
DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater Impurity Patch
Church's NavMap v1.0 - Illyustrator's Version
Sub_Bubbles_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater Impurity Patch 1
nVidia missing lights
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5

Sjizzle
02-12-16, 01:28 AM
Hi All,
After not playing for about 2 yrs, I thought it might be a good time to start again... not so good. :Kaleun_Mad:

My mods are below;

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 03
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - 8x5 Resolution Patch
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Wind & Smoke addon
KB - 2 Church's SHV Keyboard Commands
RPM Hydrophone v2.2.1
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
nVidia missing lights

remove the following mods
RPM Hydrophone v2.2.1
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
nVidia missing lights

and pls read the TWoS documentation before enable any other mods after TWoS ... DynEnv is already included in TWoS, RPM inertia is not compatible with TWoS etc etc

THEBERBSTER
02-12-16, 05:19 AM
Hi Vorkapitan
It is not just about the mods that Vecko has used for TWOS it goes further than that.
Mods have been tweaked so that they compatibly work with each other in his mega mod.
Patches have been added also so that everything works in harmony together.
There are well over 100 mods in TWOS and therefore adding any additional mod unless you know what you are doing is an accident waiting to happen.
I know gammers like to add additional mods its in there blood to do it.
You have to use the basic rule of adding 1 mod and testing it to see if it causes any problems.
When you add more than 1 mod how do you which one or all of them is causing the problem?
The whole point of playing any game is to enjoy it, not spending the time trying to fix it.
Sometimes less is more!:hmmm:
Peter

Vorkapitan
02-12-16, 01:59 PM
Hi Vorkapitan
It is not just about the mods that Vecko has used for TWOS it goes further than that.
Mods have been tweaked so that they compatibly work with each other in his mega mod.
Patches have been added also so that everything works in harmony together.
There are well over 100 mods in TWOS and therefore adding any additional mod unless you know what you are doing is an accident waiting to happen.
I know gammers like to add additional mods its in there blood to do it.
You have to use the basic rule of adding 1 mod and testing it to see if it causes any problems.
When you add more than 1 mod how do you which one or all of them is causing the problem?
The whole point of playing any game is to enjoy it, not spending the time trying to fix it.
Sometimes less is more!:hmmm:
Peter

Thx, but the reason that I add some of he mods, was because I want the water to be a different color and clearer. and use different maps Is there no way to do this?

THEBERBSTER
02-12-16, 03:21 PM
Hi Vorkapitan
The problem you have with the water is when you add all those mods do you actually know what each one does?
Ask yourself what you are actually trying to achieve for example is it the color, the texture?
Put your questions regarding TWOS on the dedicated thread that way you should get a better response.

As for your maps have a look at this.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1441457&postcount=1

Peter

Vorkapitan
02-12-16, 03:47 PM
Hi Vorkapitan
The problem you have with the water is when you add all those mods do you actually know what each one does?
Ask yourself what you are actually trying to achieve for example is it the color, the texture?
Put your questions regarding TWOS on the dedicated thread that way you should get a better response.

As for your maps have a look at this.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1441457&postcount=1

Peter
The reason I asked you was because when I post a question (about 6) I have never received a response. I guess everybody is too busy.

vdr1981
02-13-16, 04:07 PM
and pls read the TWoS documentation before enable any other mods after TWoS ... DynEnv is already included in TWoS, RPM inertia is not compatible with TWoS etc etc

Apparently, this is just too much to ask in most cases, from my experience at least...:yep:

Vorkapitan
02-13-16, 04:53 PM
YES, you are so right, It is too much for you to ask...

I did read the documentation, but not as well as I should have... due to cataracts.:Kaleun_Binocular:

Next time I had better watch my step or I might find myself walking the plank. :arrgh!:

It was so wonderful of you all to find fault instead of offering help as 1 fellow did. :rock:

Sjizzle
02-14-16, 07:59 AM
YES, you are so right, It is too much for you to ask...

I did read the documentation, but not as well as I should have... due to cataracts.:Kaleun_Binocular:

Next time I had better watch my step or I might find myself walking the plank. :arrgh!:

It was so wonderful of you all to find fault instead of offering help as 1 fellow did. :rock:

it' not about fault is abound mod order and mods compatibility... u can't enable mods as u wish cos the load order and compatibility is critical important..... if u don't like something in TWOS and there is no TWOS alternative option or patch u are free to build your own mod list but for that u need read about installation and compatibility for each mod what u wanna use and which will take some time to read and search on this forum....

now let's talk about mods which one u have enable after TWOS

RPM inertia mod
"INSTALLATION

- Install after NewUisTDC_7_x_x and Open Horizons 2.2
- Before install v2.2.1, uninstall previous version.
- Enable in bunker or New Campaign.
- You can enable it on patrol, only if you save the game when there is no contact of vessels by the hydrophone. ~ 30km.
* Incompatible: "mod Ship_inertia"
* Compatible with Real_navigation. No relation.
* I did not find incompatibility with other MODS. for now ..
* This mod works with CSP Magui Interface for SH5.
* recommended: SH5 - No Chornometer Ticking Sound: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1707 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1707)
* RPM Hydrophone mod can not be overwritten by any other mod if this overwrites files *.sim *.dsd *.cfg within data \ sea \ (ship name) \ ... Then the table of the "rpm" will be unusable and the calculations will be incorrect. Except that it is compatible.
* Mods compatible that can overwrite my mod: Fifi_NoReflections_compatible_RPM_Hydrophone_2.2.1 <-http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204375
* RPM Hydrophone mod & Fifi_noreflections_compatible_RPM.. must be the same installed versions."

now let's go to DynEnv. 2.9

"
Installation:

install JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3951) if you have not done it yet, and configure it to the SH5 installation path (detailed instructions on how to configure it found here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2060920#post2060920));
open the Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.9 package using WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) or 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html);
drop DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod into the <MODS> folder (inside the main SH5 directory);
enable the mod using JSGME;
follow the same steps for the optional mods you may want to use, taking care to enable them in the same order suggested by their progressive number. Sub-mods with the same number are alternative version of the same mod (enable only one of them).
NOTE: Sobers Best Ever Tweaks overwrites Enhanced Visibility, Camera Filters and Wave Mechanics optional mods."

and also each mod have they documentation which one must read .....
and also TWOS has a huge documentation and FAQ section post #1 and #2 in the TWOS thread.....

in my opinion is more simple to play with TWOS without enabling any other mods after TWoS if u don't know the impact what they will have to gamplay stability and also to TWoS mega mod .....

Vorkapitan
02-14-16, 02:41 PM
it' not about fault is abound mod order and mods compatibility... u can't enable mods as u wish cos the load order and compatibility is critical important..... if u don't like something in TWOS and there is no TWOS alternative option or patch u are free to build your own mod list but for that u need read about installation and compatibility for each mod what u wanna use and which will take some time to read and search on this forum....

now let's talk about mods which one u have enable after TWOS

RPM inertia mod
"INSTALLATION

- Install after NewUisTDC_7_x_x and Open Horizons 2.2
- Before install v2.2.1, uninstall previous version.
- Enable in bunker or New Campaign.
- You can enable it on patrol, only if you save the game when there is no contact of vessels by the hydrophone. ~ 30km.
* Incompatible: "mod Ship_inertia"
* Compatible with Real_navigation. No relation.
* I did not find incompatibility with other MODS. for now ..
* This mod works with CSP Magui Interface for SH5.
* recommended: SH5 - No Chornometer Ticking Sound: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1707 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1707)
* RPM Hydrophone mod can not be overwritten by any other mod if this overwrites files *.sim *.dsd *.cfg within data \ sea \ (ship name) \ ... Then the table of the "rpm" will be unusable and the calculations will be incorrect. Except that it is compatible.
* Mods compatible that can overwrite my mod: Fifi_NoReflections_compatible_RPM_Hydrophone_2.2.1 <-http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204375
* RPM Hydrophone mod & Fifi_noreflections_compatible_RPM.. must be the same installed versions."

now let's go to DynEnv. 2.9

"
Installation:

install JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3951) if you have not done it yet, and configure it to the SH5 installation path (detailed instructions on how to configure it found here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2060920#post2060920));
open the Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.9 package using WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) or 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html);
drop DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod into the <MODS> folder (inside the main SH5 directory);
enable the mod using JSGME;
follow the same steps for the optional mods you may want to use, taking care to enable them in the same order suggested by their progressive number. Sub-mods with the same number are alternative version of the same mod (enable only one of them).
NOTE: Sobers Best Ever Tweaks overwrites Enhanced Visibility, Camera Filters and Wave Mechanics optional mods."

and also each mod have they documentation which one must read .....
and also TWOS has a huge documentation and FAQ section post #1 and #2 in the TWOS thread.....

in my opinion is more simple to play with TWOS without enabling any other mods after TWoS if u don't know the impact what they will have to gamplay stability and also to TWoS mega mod .....

Now this is what I needed in the first place .... Thank you .. Great mods!
:rock::rock::rock:

gap
02-14-16, 06:37 PM
Hi Vorkapitan,
I don't know whether Vecko has modified any of the core-settings of Dynamic Environment during the making of TWoS. To stay on the safe side, I wouldn't advise you to enable DynEnv's main mod (containing the core files) on top of TWoS. Nonetheless, enabling most DynEnv's optional mods should be pretty okay.

Since you like clearer underwater, you can enable:

Note that there is just one "official" 'No Underwater Impurity Patch' (I noticed you got two of them).
The 'Camera Filters - Vivid Colors' submod might intefere with SteelViking's interior mod, also included in TWoS. You can enable it and see what happens or, even better, you can use Sjizzle's Sweet FX for SH5 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2362368#post2362368) instead. There is a warmer tone-more saturated preset in the settings pack. You can enable it as you do with any other mod (just make sure to enable it on top of the main mod. :salute:

Vorkapitan
02-15-16, 05:46 PM
Hi Vorkapitan,
I don't know whether Vecko has modified any of the core-settings of Dynamic Environment during the making of TWoS. To stay on the safe side, I wouldn't advise you to enable DynEnv's main mod (containing the core files) on top of TWoS. Nonetheless, enabling most DynEnv's optional mods should be pretty okay.

Since you like clearer underwater, you can enable:

Note that there is just one "official" 'No Underwater Impurity Patch' (I noticed you got two of them).
The 'Camera Filters - Vivid Colors' submod might intefere with SteelViking's interior mod, also included in TWoS. You can enable it and see what happens or, even better, you can use Sjizzle's Sweet FX for SH5 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2362368#post2362368) instead. There is a warmer tone-more saturated preset in the settings pack. You can enable it as you do with any other mod (just make sure to enable it on top of the main mod. :salute:

Thank you Verdana for the sound advice!! :up:

Vorkapitan
02-17-16, 03:32 PM
JUST AN UPDATE on CTDs!

Since I followed all the advice above, I can report that I have played for an entire day without CTD.

The advice above insured me that my mods were proper and in order.

However the CTDs continued .... until The Berbster advised me about "compressed time" as below;

TC1024 is too high for TWOS to cope with and should be limited to TC256
Any ports with TC64 is too high and will more than likely ctd and should be maximum TC32 approaching and then dropping further to TC8 or 16.
I suggest that when your game loads hold down the CTRL key and then press the F8 key and you will be able to see your frame rates as your game progresses.
Anywhere near a port the frame rates will drop considerably depending on your computers capability.
Remember I mentioned about TC figures previously.
Saving a game at the Brest entrance is an accident waiting to happen.
There is too much going on there for the game to cope with.
A game save should not be made within 60km of any other visible ships or destroyed marks and if possible that goes for land as well.
This kind of discipline is the only way to stop unwanted game crashes happening.

After doing what he advised, I had NO CTDS the rest of the day.

:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Applaud:

vdr1981
02-17-16, 03:53 PM
Not sure what to say because even without such rigorous rules, TWoS is very stable for me and for many others...:hmm2:

Anyway, just keep in mind that TWoS contains more than 8.000 modified and added files. Adding more files without understanding what each one of them does , will most likely give you less stable game, like yours. Also, certain amount of megamod's functionality will be lost for sure which can mislead and confuse you during your playtrough...

TheBeast
02-22-16, 04:33 PM
It is good to see that many people are still helping new members.:up:

One thing I would like to add is - After encountering several ships, make sure to save your progress.
Depending on the amount of RAM (not Hard Drive Space) the game sometimes tends to run out of memory space. For example: Someone with 32g of Ram can play much longer then someone with 8g of Ram
Many Textures and Models stay in memory and after encountering a large task force it is a good idea after you are clear to surface and save progress.

Regards!
TheBeast

Vorkapitan
02-22-16, 05:03 PM

One thing I would like to add is - After encountering several ships, make sure to save your progress.
Depending on the amount of RAM (not Hard Drive Space) the game sometimes tends to run out of memory space. For example: Someone with 32g of Ram can play much longer then someone with 8g of Ram
Many Textures and Models stay in memory and after encountering a large task force it is a good idea after you are clear to surface and save progress.

Regards!
TheBeast

Good ideas Beast!! :know:
Joe

vdr1981
02-22-16, 06:46 PM

Regards!
TheBeast

SH5 modding pioneers are coming back! :salute:

gap
02-22-16, 07:12 PM
Welcome back aboard TheBeast :salute: