PDA

View Full Version : Question: Alternative Navigation

redline202
12-19-15, 11:08 AM
Hi all.
I like real navigation but is there any way to make only my sub to be invisible on map, not all the contacts?

gap
12-19-15, 01:21 PM
Hi all.
I like real navigation but is there any way to make only my sub to be invisible on map, not all the contacts?

I think so, but have you thought that having map contacts displayed automatically on map, would betray the whole point of using real navigation? Knowing the bearing and range of a contact or the bearings of two contacts, you could easily plot your exact position. :yep:

THEBERBSTER
12-20-15, 05:48 AM
Hi redline
I like real navigation but is there any way to make only my sub to be invisible on map, not all the contacts?Not that I am aware of.
I cannot really see the point in what you are trying to achieve.
Seeing the contacts and not your sub what is the point, as your navigator can plot your position at any time you choose?

You can use real navigation with the game play options "no map contacts" left un-ticked.
The contacts you will see will be those on the surface within range.
Submerged, you will not see any visible contacts or sonar bearings on the maps only the contact bearing showing in the message box.
With real navigation removed you do not have to have the sonar bearing lines showing to the target.
You can just see your sub and any contacts.

Peter

redline202
12-21-15, 11:57 AM
Hi.
Ok. i understand it's not realistic,
I was messing with Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith\data\Menu\Gui\Units, i assume those are blank pics, so i deleted all of them except UnitPlayerSub.dds because i wanted to be blank, not working. I just wanted to know if some one got any clue how to make only player sub to invisible on map, that' all.

Keep up the good work guys.