PDA

View Full Version : Pls help

Aufklarer
08-09-15, 09:28 AM
Hi guys,

I have SH5 on steam. I know it is not ideal for modding however firstly is it possible to mod it with a pack such as wolves and secondly is it possible for someone to talk me through it on teamspeak if I get stuck. Im not good with these sort of things.

Currently i think the game is so dumbed down and arcade like as stock its virtually unplayable for me. Help me bring the realism back.

Targor Avelany
08-17-15, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure why nobody has yet replied to your question.

I have been away for a while and not sure if anything has been done to apply TDWs Patches to the steam version of the game, but first of all I'd recommend to switch away from a steam version. Last time i've been around you could not apply those patches to the steam version, which resulted in many unwanted glitches to be left in the game, just as an example i'll explain the biggest one:
the mast hight is not working properly in the original game. It is just plainly broken and it took, afaik, a few years to figure out why and how to fix it. TDWs patch fixes it through correcting the reference pointers in the code to show the mast hight properly, instead of a constant (which is how it was in original game and why its broken).

If you think its ok and still want to mod the game: it is no harder then modding a regular game. All you need to do is to locate the folder where the game is located. For steam, if i'm not mistaken, it will most likely be located in :\\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ folder.
After that you can just follow the instructions within the WOS megamod and it should be exactly the same.

THEBERBSTER
08-17-15, 05:38 PM
The problem you have when you try to use mega mods with Steam is that these are all designed to be used with TDW's Generic File Patcher (GFP).
Unfortunately the GFP does not support Steam.
Each mega mods each has its own GFP snapshot gps file download.

Any other SH5 download or dvd will be supported by the GFP.
If you are stuck with Steam then your only other course of action is to use the GFP work around below.

Post #161 TDW’s Generic File Patcher Steam Installation Instructions By sirrawsrsalot (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2266214&postcount=161)

SH5 without the GFP is full of bugs and makes the game in its stock state unplayable.

Peter