PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Massive Destroyer Fleet Bug

Ludwig van Hursh
08-04-15, 12:52 AM
Has anybody else had this happen to them? You run into a small task force of Japanese destroyers, usually appearing as three on the map then when you see them it turns out that it is some sort of massive fleet of destroyers that slows down your game and causes it to crash?

Torplexed
08-04-15, 01:33 AM
Has anybody else had this happen to them? You run into a small task force of Japanese destroyers, usually appearing as three on the map then when you see them it turns out that it is some sort of massive fleet of destroyers that slows down your game and causes it to crash?

I've never run into this, but I have heard the tales of those who have--

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203863

Must be quite a impressive sight, before the game crashes.

http://fsairlines.net/temp/SH4Img@2013-05-14_20.45.08_261.jpg

Ludwig van Hursh
08-04-15, 01:47 AM
Haha yeah that is exactly what I see. Though it is not isolated to steam like they thought, my game is a SH5 Gold disk version.

Torplexed
08-04-15, 02:03 AM
Haha yeah that is exactly what I see. Though it is not isolated to steam like they thought, my game is a SH5 Gold disk version.

Could be some sort of mod conflict. Here's another thread from a player who suffered through the same sort of destroyer glut glitch in his game as well--

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217452

gap
08-04-15, 07:17 AM
...You run into a small task force of Japanese destroyers...

...my game is a SH5 Gold disk version.

At the beginning I thought you posted in the wrong forum section. You must be playing the Monsun Gruppe campaign I suppose :hmmm:

Torplexed
08-04-15, 07:56 AM
At the beginning I thought you posted in the wrong forum section. You must be playing the Monsun Gruppe campaign I suppose :hmmm:

Actually, I think this thread has been misplaced. It was originally posted in the SH4 forum.

gap
08-04-15, 09:24 AM
Actually, I think this thread has been misplaced. It was originally posted in the SH4 forum.

Everything points to that. Yet the OP says he owns SH5 Gold :doh:

Havan_IronOak
08-06-15, 10:29 PM
I'm guessing that he bought the Steam Silent Hunter GOLD deal (that's what I did) It contains SH III, SH IV and SH 5.

The same problem happened to me just recently.
I encountered a sound contact that first appeared as a merchant contact. When I zoomed in the map mode a bit the grey trail somewhere to port quickly became two blue contacts to starboard.

Given that I was tired I decided to cheat and see if there was something worth pursuing (I was at zero torpedoes and headed back to Pearl) Plus the game was getting slow and I thought perhaps ending the mission would clear the issue.

When I activated the external camera and scanned way out, the ocean stopped appearing but in space I saw line after line of warships all destroyers. I saved the file and decided to investigate it later.

I'm running SH4 with the following mods

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

01 Improved Stock Environment_v3
02 ISE Realistic Colors
03 Dark Recognitionmanual
04 MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5
05 OM_SH3_Command_Keys
08 3000 Meter Bearing Tool (1920x)
09 Sobers Better Sand II
10 Captain Midnights CBS News
12 BBC World
merchant skinpack release

Michel78
04-22-16, 12:14 PM
Same with me.

I bought the Gold edition on Steam (1.5) and play with no mods.

After meeting this massive flotilla the game crashes.

All I can do is reload the save and avoid the area where I crossed them.

It really sucks, already had this twice in my current career and I'm only on my fourth patrol. Wasted hours dodging planes only to meet this giant fleet.

Btw. why is this thread in the mods workshop?