PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Mod (Time Skip)?

InTheNavy
05-13-15, 05:55 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering if its possible to add a function to the captain's bed that allows the player to simulate sleep, but in actuality skip game time? It would work the same as the sleep/wait command in games like Skyrim.

This occurred to me because we have a captain's bed that serves no useful purpose as far as I could tell. And it would be a great feature for those of us who don't like using the time speed keys; which kinda ruins the immersion. Of course you would have to make it so that the crew wakes the captain up for important events.

Sounds like a simple mod to make, but I wouldn't know the first steps to doing so. In any case, I'm throwing the idea out there for anyone interested.

THE_MASK
05-14-15, 12:30 AM
Great idea but unfortunately most modders are long gone from this game .

InTheNavy
05-14-15, 02:08 PM
I would be willing to try but, like I said, I wouldn't know the first steps.

THE_MASK
05-15-15, 12:44 AM
Don't get me wrong the game is brilliant with the current mods .

mobucks
05-15-15, 06:37 AM
It would be cool if you were only able to go above 1024TC while in bed, also no one could take you out of that TC. No interruptions, damnit!

Hah that would be an awesome mod.

There was something like it for GWX. (uninteruptable TCx via hotkey) I think it was an .exe hack though.

Sjizzle
05-15-15, 11:25 AM
It would be cool if you were only able to go above 1024TC while in bed, also no one could take you out of that TC. No interruptions, damnit!

Hah that would be an awesome mod.

There was something like it for GWX. (uninteruptable TCx via hotkey) I think it was an .exe hack though.

u can set it from TDW's Option file viewer that the TC to never drop to 1 :D
and from game u can set it to drop on each radio msg ... so u can go to bed and TC to 256 (o don't suggest TC 1024 ) and travel without any TC drop to 1 and at morning u can put to drop on each radio msg :D

InTheNavy
05-16-15, 12:11 PM
It would work like this:

Instead of saying "Captain's Bed", when you look at the bunk it will say "Take a Nap?"

The player clicks and a list of options appear asking player how long he/she would like to sleep, and which events to wake up to. Maybe you want to wake up to every radio message that comes in, or maybe you only want to wake up when a contact is spotted.

After selection is made the screen fades to black with some sound effects of getting into bed, snoring, etc... In the next second the same scene from tutorial of crew member waking you up is played. You get out of bed and game resumes.

I don't know how difficult that would be to make.