PDA

View Full Version : sober and the dark wraith. ...... ? ? ? .....

drakkhen20
04-14-15, 02:50 PM
Real good question for both of you. What mods exactly do you both recommend for the TDW patch . I have downloaded Sobers all in one mod and have loaded his preload and enjoyed it. But I also had a question about the patcher. I've ran around the forum and looked up the how to on the patcher. Alot of garbled missing links and pictures now. But when you extract all contents in the folder on desktop or wherever. Do you bring the sh5.exe into that folder and is that the only file you do this with and how do you tell it's been patched. Also sober is there anyway to play with your mods without having to use the real targeting. I love the real navigation mod btw. But I'm not skilled at all o. The calculation thing for these games. Is there a way to do so? Oh yeah one more thing. Real environment from w_clear will work fine with all of this correct ? His new version?

THEBERBSTER
04-14-15, 06:17 PM
Hi drakkhen

See my tutorial post #2 and #3

See my tutorial post #56

if you do not want real navigation then do not put the real navigation mod in JSGME.

Peter

drakkhen20
04-14-15, 06:33 PM
no no no. i want to keep the Navigation. id like to make sure i dont have to manual target ships. ive never never been great at it.

drakkhen20
04-14-15, 07:07 PM
ok so in post 56. my enanbled patches shoul look exactly like the pictures? lol. ifeel like such a retard.

THEBERBSTER
04-15-15, 05:24 AM
Hi Drakken

I missed the targeting point you made for navigation lol.

When you started your new career what game play setting did you select?

Medium is the default setting.

The game play setting you select when you start a new career is reflected in the game play setting options.

Manual Targeting System > High > Realistic

When selected, you must enter the appropriate information in to the TDC when firing torpedoes. You cannot simply point the TBT or periscope at a target and fire.

You need the box to be un-ticked which it will be unless you chose High or Realistic when you chose your new career.

Post #56 useful for anyone not sure what to do with the patches.

Peter

drakkhen20
04-16-15, 06:20 PM
i followed Sobers directions on how to start a career so it was just default. but it also tells you to skip the tutorial so i did. but again. im starting over again per your instructions are better than what ive found. you wouldnt happen to know in what file in Sobers mod list that enables the SH3 skin for the Uboat? its terrible and id like to use the stock skin. another question is how do you tone the light shafts down in the sky? they are too much and look beautiful but are unrealistic ? thanks for your help.