PDA

View Full Version : Ship sinking messages intercepts

Dogfish40
04-14-15, 11:15 AM
Kaleuns

I have been playing relatively trouble free (stock campaign) so far this campaign.

However, I have been concerned for some time now that my radioman has not been intercepting the ship sinking messages such as "SOS...SOS...SOS...we are going down at..." or "Ship taking on water, abandoning at...".

I have checked the menu file and it is fine. My mods after the UI mod should not be interfering with this. So I am suspecting the patch.
Is anyone else having an issue with these radio intercepts? I would love to have them back and working.

I have my UI set to intercept radio messages at 100% right now. I am trying to think of any other setting that may help.
It's possible that I am not getting the wolfpack messages either but I will try to find out more on that on this patrol.

Any feedback would be welcome on this.
Good Hunting:up:
D40

vdr1981
04-17-15, 04:14 PM
Kaleuns

I have been playing relatively trouble free (stock campaign) so far this campaign.

However, I have been concerned for some time now that my radioman has not been intercepting the ship sinking messages such as "SOS...SOS...SOS...we are going down at..." or "Ship taking on water, abandoning at...".

I have checked the menu file and it is fine. My mods after the UI mod should not be interfering with this. So I am suspecting the patch.
Is anyone else having an issue with these radio intercepts? I would love to have them back and working.

I have my UI set to intercept radio messages at 100% right now. I am trying to think of any other setting that may help.
It's possible that I am not getting the wolfpack messages either but I will try to find out more on that on this patrol.

Any feedback would be welcome on this.
Good Hunting:up:
D40

TDW UI version 7.4.2? If I remember correctly that feature is broken in that version, you need 7.5.0...

Dogfish40
04-20-15, 09:13 AM
TDW UI version 7.4.2? If I remember correctly that feature is broken in that version, you need 7.5.0...

Thanks for the reply vdr...
I had a few issues with 7.5 so I went back to using 7.4.
Maybe it's time I went back to 7.5 and tried again as I really loved it, especially the plane control.
So,... the feature is broken in 7.4 and SOS intercepts from the ships you sink won't be heard.
I'm amazed that this isn't mentioned more often as I see quite a few of us use 7.4 because it's technically the official version.

vdr, thanks for replying, I'll be able to make some decisions now based on this info.
Cheers
D40

vdr1981
04-20-15, 09:20 AM
I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with latest New UI's 7.5.0 v18...:yep: It works perfectly...