PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed re too-dark nights

bert8for3
03-27-15, 05:01 PM
I want to get back into this, but svp could use some advice re too-dark nights. I'm totally out of touch with the available mods esp the Megamods. When I was last playing, I had ver 1 or 2 of Open Horizons and the nights were totally black on my pc. Questions:
Is there a mod that will just adjust night darkness levels?
Do the current megamods have very dark nights?
Tx much.

kevinsue
03-27-15, 07:53 PM
I want to get back into this, but svp could use some advice re too-dark nights. I'm totally out of touch with the available mods esp the Megamods. When I was last playing, I had ver 1 or 2 of Open Horizons and the nights were totally black on my pc. Questions:
Is there a mod that will just adjust night darkness levels?
Do the current megamods have very dark nights?
Tx much.

I'm using "The Wolves of Steel v1.3" megamod. I find the nights to have a long transition of "twilight" with good visibility (depending on the current weather conditions), only getting truly dark for the last few hours.

I find personally that you begin to look forward to that short period of darkness, especially when operating in coastal waters that have enemy aircover.

Gives you a bit of relief to be able to reposition on the surface, recharge batteries and just go about your business without being shot at, bombed and generally harassed by those damned planes!!:yep:

THEBERBSTER
03-28-15, 06:14 AM
Check my tutorial Post #35 and mod list number 5.

The mods in yellow all help to reduce the darkness.

You can also give bonus points to your Sound Guy where you will find 5 levels to reduce the darkness penalty.

Peter

bert8for3
03-28-15, 11:12 AM
Many thanks kevinsue and TheBerbster. :up: I'll check it out.

Aktungbby
03-28-15, 11:42 AM
bert8for3!:salute: after a bit of a silent run!:Kaleun_Cheers:

bert8for3
03-28-15, 03:44 PM

Jimbuna
03-29-15, 06:47 AM
Good to see you back bert, it's been quite a while matey :salute:

bert8for3
03-29-15, 11:03 AM
@Jimbuna, thanks much. :up: . Best I can figure it's been a coupla years anyway. Suddenly got the yen to get back into a game that I find truly immersive. Enjoyed hugely heading out of Kiel last night on first patrol.