PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a wave mod?

kevinsue
02-10-15, 12:55 PM
Just wondering if there is a wave action mod out there somewhere that has long rolling swells all moving in the same direction as you get in the open ocean?

The mods that I have tried (most of them) seem to have the waves rolling forward and then back. More like the movement you get with a washing machine agitator.

I'm not even sure if it is possible to achieve, but maybe some wizard has already worked out how to do it.

Any ideas would be appreciated :yep:

Regards...Kev*

flostt
02-10-15, 01:18 PM
have you tried "dynamic environment sh5", done by gap and stoianm?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3975

they did some improvements to the wave dynamics (this part to be added as an optional mod)

kevinsue
02-10-15, 11:52 PM
G'day flostt,

Yeah, tried the various wave mods in Dynamic Environment 2.9 (Excellent mod BTW) and many others over the past year or so.

As I mentioned, it may be a limitation of the program not to be able to have the waves and swells rolling in a constant direction.

Not really a big issue, just nice to have if were available somewhere.:yep:

Regards....Kev*

vdr1981
02-11-15, 05:49 AM
Forget about giant rolling waves and mountains of water in SH series, game physics engine just not allow it...Most realistic waves in appearance would be IMO Sobers waves but they are also have their limitations. You can try to make few changes for your selves in data/env/seaparmeters.cfg file.