PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy mod hosting site while it lasts

Carotio
01-01-15, 03:57 PM
I have decided NOT to extend my subscription of my webhost for SHMF, where some mods are hosted due to lack of support.
The subscription ends January 25th.

The site had its own proper domain name (Silent Hunter Mods Forum), but that will soon be history. I set up hosting for mods (for SH3, SH4 and SH5) from other modders, but only a few came and got their mods up there. And only few members wanted to donate for the hosting costs, which rose because of the hosting of lots of big size radio mods. It hasn't been appreciated, so why continue? That's why, I'll pull the plug.

In the future, I may move the forum to another host, where I keep my main site (not mod related), just to secure my own mods.
But the other mods will need to find other places to be hosted. And if they ain't available elsewhere, it's not my problem. I couldn't care less anymore.

So if you want the mods, it's your last chance. Go visit:
http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php

However, some mods are for SHMF members only, not regular members/guest. The forum has been attacked by spammers, so I have disabled the normal registration process. Sorry!
So only those of you who have allready registred, can get access now. Otherwise, you have to either settle for those mods available to guests or to wait for my approval for full access. Be PATIENT!